Second Skin Audio

Box design For 2x Targas 1502dw's

BannisterEc

That is absolutely awesome, thank you for taking the time to help. What do you mean by minium port clearance of 14cm? is that the loading space from the port to the bootlid?

Yes that is the minimum distance the port should have from any walls in order for it to work properly.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Joe

I am very grateful for the box you designed me below, but the guys off the South African forum say the spec sheet below will cause the subs to over excurt. I did ask them what size they recommended but no one was able to answer. Could you please help me prevent this with modifying or changing the design please even if the frequency may have to go up. Really appreciate the help!!!

The box is made to the manufacturer recommended net airspace as listed above (108 L per sub), as long as you don't go over rated power and use your subsonic filter as stated there should be no over excursion, they don't list the Xmax parameter which would be a way to verify any claims, I would recommend contacting the manufacturer and submit the design for approval, if they recommend something different I will redo it as they instruct.

As long as you set you subsonic filter right I don't think you could run into excursion problems. Unless you overpowering as Joe states. With 20mm 1 way linear xmax you should be fine.

Another option would be to look for people who are running the exact model and find out what their experience is with them. Other than that the a 7.6cube box looks fine to me

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Archived