Second Skin Audio

Box design For 2x Targas 1502dw's

BannisterEc

I did contact the locals and they suggest small sized prefab sized boxes that fit in the boot area of many hatchbacks and seem pretty universal. I bought this type of vehicle to utilize the space for sound, obviously when I can afford it next year but in the meantime these are subs I have to use. They collective conseses amongst them is that the specsheet is incorrect and to big, one fellow suggested 200liters at 38hz.

The manufacturer recommended 920 x 380 deep x 440 wide 2 x 3 inch port 280mm long(180mm Wood thickness.). This doesn't seem right and abit small. I want the same box Joe designed earlier. Just abit scared, but Joe knows his stuff so I'm going to build his box. No one in Sa has this style box, and it looks amazing on paper even on youtube lol. Thanks guys for the help, appreciate chatting to experts that take the time to listen, here the guys don't like to chat beacause they are abit competitive. Will hopefully started building this coming Sunday. Will upload pics soon

Just go for it. I always believe experience is the best way to know what box works best. I normally build two to three boxes before getting it right, especially with subs I have never dealt with. All the best with your build. Let us know how it goes :)

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Ok OP I am trying to make sense of your feedback so I went back to the table you provided an checked the box listed for the 1502W which is 65x46x44.5 with a round port 12 diameter x25 length, using a driver displacement of 0.17 cubic feet it comes to a net volume of little under 100 L, it is a small difference but if it makes you feel better about what you are building I am submitting a revised box which is 200 L net and a with a 32Hz tuning, bear in mind that your amp is way to powerful for the subs so you will need to make sure you give only around rated power to them or you may actually run into problems:

Notes: power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 14 cm, figure is just an assembly guide.

targa.jpg

2x15SUPB_zpsaba233cf.jpg

Archived