Second Skin Audio

Box design For 2x Targas 1502dw's

BannisterEc

Bass boost normally introduces clipping especially if not set with a distortion detector. So I too avoid it at all means. That's quite an improvement though the headunit shouldn't be reaching that high. How did you set your gain?

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

For optimum performance set gains with an o-scope or dd1. That way you will match up the full potential between your headunit and amp..

Also modifying an already built box to pickup more lows will require a longer port resulting in less internal volume. Based on my experience with Targa subs is that they lack the ability to play the lows with authority. Even the 2 18inch targas I tried couldn't handle the lows well even after trying different box sizes and tunings

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

Even a daily driver needs gains set properly man. For the Taramps amp I think you set. All you need is a change of subs.

What does your electrical consist of? Is it sufficient to power that amp?? You might find your subs are misbehaving due to clipping caused by voltage drop

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

A stock alternator even with extra batteries won't handle that amp. Post a topic in the electrical section concerning the electrical needed for your setup and hear what they say.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

Archived