Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

(2) 12" RE XXX XBL^2 build


cloud77

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well, here are the components to the dream build. Just finished the last one up last night.

(2) RE XXX 12"

OEM coil

1 stiff, 1 soft spiders

Original full face dust caps

Amps

MMATS HD4000.1

MMATS SQ4100

Speakers:

(2) Sets of Infinity Kappa 6.5 components

Electrical:

Singer 250A

3 runs 2/0

Duralast platinum(front)

(still needing rear batteries)

Vehicle: '04 Pontiac Grand prix

Enclosure talk:

I have experience with this driver in different sizes, and had always had good results with the enclosures for them.

Haven't done a multiple woofer set-up for almost a decade, but this is what I was thinking..

4.5 cu. ft. L port, double baffle, window bracing, 45s

Going to start with subs back port back, and if I want to I will flip the box around and seal a trunk wall.

Anyone with experience with these drivers want to chime in? I'm thinking with the power I had I would want to keep air space around 2 cubes each.

Would also contemplate center port, but would change up bracing a bit.

Gotta wait for the weather to break to get this built!

Now for the photo shoot...

xxx_ts.gif

2014-12-15_22-12-38_717.jpg

2015-02-07_10-57-20_111.jpg

2015-02-07_10-57-27_13.jpg

2015-02-07_10-58-08_593.jpg

2015-02-07_10-58-57_398.jpg

2015-02-07_10-59-15_630.jpg

2015-02-07_11-00-02_936.jpg

2015-02-07_11-00-23_46.jpg

2015-02-07_11-00-29_940.jpg

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

Posted

anyone ever hear of Kung Long batteries?

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

Posted

going with juice box I suppose...

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

Posted

anyone want to talk XXXs?

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

Posted

suprised gckless isn't in here.

xbl^2 interests me...

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

I see a reason xxx 10 on your Chart,when did they start making 10's again?

Thos are the t/s for the old drivers. (these ones)

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

Posted

almost want to do an IB build with them

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

  • 1 month later...
Posted

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

Posted

amp just bit the dust, so until repair I'm inactive

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9449 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...