Second Skin Audio

What did i do wrong in Torres

Im making a box for a friend and its 1.46 cubic feet with a port opening of 13.5x1.75 tuned to about 35hz, iv been using win isd and it says to make the port 30.3in long, but i just downloadedarrow-10x10.png torres to try it out and its saying that the exact same port is about 56hz. I've checked other calculators online and they all match up with win isd. So im just assuming i entered something wrong in torres, please take a look at my stupidity and tell me whats wrong.

http://s1263.photobucket.com/user/mustang2dakota/media/patrick%20port.png.html

box is 15x15x15 the screenshot cut that part off

2014 JKU

Sound:

pioneer xav-65

4 12in pioneer tsw3003d4

2 pioneer gm-d9601

(much more in route)

General:

18in worx rims

33in tire

stinger src bumpers

light bars

6k hids

2in leveling kit

3.25in lift

The Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195839-2014-jku-build-4-12s/

so your box is 15x15x15 but your port is 30" long? sounds like you have some common walls being used. Figure out how many and put that in the #common walls box. that should help a bit. also port seems a bit narrow, but I don't really know much about this stuff so it might be fine.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

so your box is 15x15x15 but your port is 30" long? sounds like you have some common walls being used. Figure out how many and put that in the #common walls box. that should help a bit. also port seems a bit narrow, but I don't really know much about this stuff so it might be fine.

didnt even see that down there, i tried that and its giving me 43hz. yea its a little narrow and ill probably make it wider, but im more worried about this problem.

2014 JKU

Sound:

pioneer xav-65

4 12in pioneer tsw3003d4

2 pioneer gm-d9601

(much more in route)

General:

18in worx rims

33in tire

stinger src bumpers

light bars

6k hids

2in leveling kit

3.25in lift

The Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195839-2014-jku-build-4-12s/

You could try to make your common walls 3.

other calculators are not putting the port in the box. you have to assume the port is extrernal in them iirc.

3 would be my guess as well.

You could try to make your common walls 3.

other calculators are not putting the port in the box. you have to assume the port is extrernal in them iirc.

sweet, thanks for the help guys. Its always the simple things that i over look

2014 JKU

Sound:

pioneer xav-65

4 12in pioneer tsw3003d4

2 pioneer gm-d9601

(much more in route)

General:

18in worx rims

33in tire

stinger src bumpers

light bars

6k hids

2in leveling kit

3.25in lift

I'm sure no two calculators are the same.

You want accurate, do some of the math on paper.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Archived