First time fiber glassing: my attempt at adding tweeters to my door panels

reedal

This is gonna be rough and laughed at im sure, and im very ok with that. I don't expect it to turn out great. I've never glassed or ever seen it done before.

My first attempt to add tweeters, i cut a hole in the panel and popped them in, but I wasn't happy with the way they sat.

A354E21F-50D8-4E42-B0A6-75C43EC42866_zps

So now I'm going to see how well I am at fiber glassing a pod in the same spot. I did not think it would be so damn messy.

I had some rings cut out by a local shop due to the lack of a router.

B6CC1E59-DD60-43E4-A974-8264016C66DF_zps

And now for laying down the glass over the holes i already cut. I'm not too worried about tearing up the explorer cause it's junk and makes good practice for when I have a good running vehicle with more mpg.

I wasn't sure how to go about doing it since I already cut into the panel, so I'm making them with a lip that hooks on the back of the panel, to easily take them on and off.

CB29718E-E183-4690-AEE2-F8A99452E309_zps

You should have protected the door panel by laying down tape or foil onto the panel to pull the mold from

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

I did. I only put resin where there was tape. It came off just fine with no resin or glass stuck. Next weekend will be more progress hopefully.

Archived