Suborn Posted February 10, 2015 Report Posted February 10, 2015 Hi I just got one of the old Alpine type R 12" ( SWR-1242D ) and wanted to build a ported box for it. The amp ill be using is a Alpine MRP-M500. I was able to find this OLD thread from google ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167932-box-help-alpine-type-r/ ) The box Joe X suggested was for the new 1000W subs and was just wondering if i was to copy it would i have to make the box smaller/Bigger as im using alot smaller amp and less W sub?
Joe X Posted February 10, 2015 Report Posted February 10, 2015 Larger definitely, 2 cubic feet net usually work nice on those older Type R's, if you provide vehicle and max dims for a box I could do something for you.
Suborn Posted February 10, 2015 Author Report Posted February 10, 2015 Larger definitely, 2 cubic feet net usually work nice on those older Type R's, if you provide vehicle and max dims for a box I could do something for you. Thank you Joe. My max dims would be H:15 W:37 D: 20. Its a Hatchback Pulsar Q.
Joe X Posted February 10, 2015 Report Posted February 10, 2015 Here is a suggestion everything firing back, port driver's side as a first test, easy to build, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 2 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide:
Joe X Posted February 10, 2015 Report Posted February 10, 2015 You're welcome, I bet you could do at least a 15" later on, keep around.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.