BIGYOGI06 Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 Hi there I have a 2ohm 12 inch kicker l5 that I want to build a box for. I have seen a few prefabricated boxes and know that I can get more out of a custom one. I have a dodge magnum with a good amount of room in the trunk area. I'm thinking I want a ported box. I mostly listen to rap and rock. I'm so lost about the port size. I took some measurements of the trunk area. I would like to keep some trunk room. I have two measurements that I don't have a lot of extra space and one I can play with a little. The two that are at max are height at 14 3/4 inch and the width is 39 inches. Depth can be played with I would love to keep it close to about 17 inches or so. I plan on doing the big 5 upgrade ( big 3 other cars thanks dodge) with 0 ga wire. I'm also buying a mono block amp to power the sub. Any word of advice will help . Thanks
SIDE SHOW Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 i'm not very good with box building and such, but i'd suggest going ported through the ski hole (fold down centre rear seat) or port through the rear parcel shelf. as for size and dimensions you should be able to get a good idea from what kicker suggests on there website
BIGYOGI06 Posted February 11, 2015 Author Report Posted February 11, 2015 Yea that's were I'm getting lost the kicker specs seem like I will be building the same box I can go to best buy and purchase. That's not what I'm trying g to do. I will if I can't figure this out or have the spec's for a box for me to build.
SIDE SHOW Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 ahh okay then... jus wait for someone else to chime in, or do a google search on 12ïnch L5 kicker boxes.... you'll prob also need to find out what pwr your going to be sending it
BIGYOGI06 Posted February 11, 2015 Author Report Posted February 11, 2015 I'm flexible with the amp. I have done a few Google searches and find a ton of boxes being built for trucks. That's what made me question the craftsmanship of the kicker boxes in the first place. It's like a general box for any car. Which is cool but I know you can get a lot more out if the speaker with a custom box
BIGYOGI06 Posted February 11, 2015 Author Report Posted February 11, 2015 Yea I know.... I have been playing with the re audio site and can't seem to get it right or just doesn't seem right. I have a box build on the site that it turned to 32.7
Deeznutz Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 Compact 3.00 cf street bass 4.5 cf SPL/Deep BASS 6.0 cf DO NOT GET A PREFAB BOX, it's a one hit wonder- box. If you listen to rap, go bigger, if you listen to rock....go smaller. Only way to find out what you're missing is make the bigger box, than buy the Best buy box. Compare the two. you'll see that you'll be returning the box back to Best Buy! -Frank
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.