People with big systems are assholes to people with smaller systems?

I think it's more of a clique thing. Like people who are loud hang out with other people whom are loud. Maybe people who aren't as loud feel unwelcomed or are given an univiting feeling when talking to people of these groups.

I've experienced this. It's pretty competitive even if you aren't actually competing. Lots of posturing going on.

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

I've always tried to be chill with everyone, big, small, don't even have one yet

Shoot I remember my first experience with bass was with a set of $20 thrift store "Mega Bass" subs.

I ain't bothered by the size of anyone's system. If they took pride in it I'm happy. If they're cool with me I'm cool with them. Want the time of day? I'll tell ya. Want to bounce ideas off me? I'm here. Need to borrow a tool? Name a time and place. Need a hand with the build? I'll be there in 5.

I'm in the game for the love of the sport. Not to pick some poor person apart because they're just starting off.

I have something I'd like to admit.

I bought my system and had it installed. It's not that I didn't TRY, I'm just HORRIBLE with electrical work and when I try to take apart trim pieces, they snap into dust. I figured, "Eh, get it done at a shop and they'll warranty the install."

However, now that I have everything pretty much installed for the most part (all the wires are in place) NOW I'm working on making my own box, etc etc. I'm working towards redemption.

My view on asshole/not asshole. It's not the people who do TONS of research (the veterans) it's not the people who do NO research (daddy's money). It's the people who do just the bare minimum of research. Just enough research that they THINK they know what they're talking about. Because they think they know what they're talking about, if you try to tell them differently they'll ignore you.

I had someone get in my face because I suggested their subs weren't the problem with their system, it was their electrical. I "only" had a 15 on 450 watts and they had two 12s on "1,500 watts" (Boss amplifier) so OBVIOUSLY I didn't know what I was talking about. Meanwhile, they had a stock alternator, stock Walmart battery (non AGM), no big 3, and they had an 8 gauge power wire with no fuse to their amp.

Archived