People with big systems are assholes to people with smaller systems?

I realize I am now in the "Big System" category but I have had more than a few people be surprised by how approachable I am when they ask me about my system and car audio in general. I love to demo and share the little knowledge I have.

All my friends with big systems are the same, very approachable, but in the past few weeks I have had people tell me other guys with big systems won't give them the time of day, let alone teach them something.

Now I realize that sometimes trying to teach a "noob" something can result in them telling you off because you tell them Kicker is not actually the best brand on the market and that their 2 12s in a prefab are probably hitting more along the lines of 130 and not 150dB like their Iphone app says.

Whatever the case may be, the car audio community at least in my area has been growing exponentially and I think it's because the veterans I know share their knowledge and passion with others.

What is your experience? are people with loud vehicles assholes to noobs? Is it the other way around? Are people just hating? Have I just had a weird couple of weeks? Are you an asshole? Am I?

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

I have more fun teaching people the tricks than anything else. But if you start with the bullshit I'm going to be an asshole

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Ps I'm an asshole all the time regardless

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

The way I see it, is that the loud people take it as an insult when people claim high scores and that type of stuff because of all the work they had to our in to actually do them. Other than that all the loud people I know are very humble and approachable

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Bare with me for the sake of the story

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Some are and some aren't I get alot of assholes who think that their boss audio/ low budget comps and 5000w boss amps et.c is better than a guys system who has say 1 l7 15 on a 750.1 or something along the lines of that and they act like the asshole. I know a few guys around me who are like yeah you suck cause I have a lincoln walled with 4 sa-15's on 2 5k orions I am better than you cause I did a 150 flat and your doing a 145 with 2 15's on 1200 watts lol really? I don't hate on anyone if they wanna learn and are trying to make it thru this harsh audio world but we all share the same thing why hate on each other when we can all help each other and pass on knowledge to one another I knew things the next guy who was supposed to know alot more didn't know about. Just like I wanna join a local audio team but I guess I never will with my 2 HDC3 15's on 4k+.

Budget Banging On A Budget.....

99 Civic EX Coupe

XS Power/SkyHigh Powered

Build In The Making...

In my experience it's those with the little systems that are the assholes, mainly cuz they're so full of themselves thinking they're the shit with their 2 cvr 12s and "3000" watt amp and are unwilling to learn.

In my experience it's those with the little systems that are the assholes, mainly cuz they're so full of themselves thinking they're the shit with their 2 cvr 12s and "3000" watt amp and are unwilling to learn.

I see a lot of this unfortunately

7e770874-fae3-49d5-ad82-4cabf106fead_zps d3abdb88-50bf-42d8-9628-e257559ec11d_zps

IG: devinthydude

Archived