i just got reading about Portugal and its legal drug that they think its working.

they now have more drug addicts and people with AIDS/HIV

i dont see how that is working out for them

The DEA sees it a bit differently. Portugal, they say, was a disaster, with heroin and HIV rates out of control. "Portugal's addict population and the problems that go along with addiction continue to increase," the DEA maintains. "In an effort to reduce the number of addicts in the prison system, the Portuguese government has an enacted some radical policies in the last few years with the eventual decriminalization of all illicit drugs in July of 2001."

lmao so now there are not in jail they are in rehab lol yeah it worked out for them very good

"By freeing its citizens from the fear of prosecution and imprisonment for drug usage, Portugal has dramatically improved its ability to encourage drug addicts to avail themselves of treatment. The resources that were previously devoted to prosecuting and imprisoning drug addicts are now available to provide treatment programs to addicts."

You're reading quotes from our highly anti-drug government. Look for information from less biased sources.

I'm trying to load up some sources from my UNI access that had some really valuable info.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

the only thing Portugal is doing is helping the users. they still fuck with the dealers. i think rehab instead of jail will help. but not the legalizing of drugs. weed yes but not crack and the rest

Prohibition was a bullshit religious cause and all it did was make the mob (that already existed for years and years) filthy rich.

Guess what when it ended the mob shifted back to other illegal activities.

It's still a very addictive substance regardless of being legal.

It ended because it was a complete and total fail.

Alcohol was still consumed, but it had to be produced by shady people now and was far less pure or safe. It also funded a lot of gang activity and violence DRASTICALLY increased.

I am of legal age, alcohol is legal, and I still do not drink. Just because it's legal, doesn't mean I have any interest in it whatsoever.

the thing is, right now they only kill each other and kidnap each other. take away the business and boom they will kidnap anyone and kill anyone..

you know all them street dealers? what do you think they will do once they have uncle sam selling? my money goes on mugging people and stealing cars to earn the green.. i think i rather have street dealers who dont fuck with me or steal from me and eventually get busted than to have thousands of new muggers and car thieves and possible kidnappers.. fact is bad people will still exist

That certainly is a theory...however, other countries that have legalized these drugs have the exact results I've suggested, and basically the opposite of what you're saying...
maybe because everyone is fucked in the head and overdosed... so you really think all those drug cartels and street dealers will turn in their guns and say fuck it, we lost and now we will be part of society? it will never happen..
No, but I certainly think it will decrease crime, not eliminate it. Just as I've said all along.

I don't think an absence of drugs from cartels will increase their violence.

They would turn from drug dealers to some other form of crime, if you don't think so you're crazy.

Not only do they sell drugs they also take over whole cities and force every business owner to pay protection fees and you don't pay up or you try and stand up for yourself you'll cease to exist.

No one seems to get it because we live in a bubble here in U.S.A where it's nice and safe.

Why the insults? Why do I have to be crazy if I think differently than you do?

I think if drugs were legalized and sold by the government, there would be less crime. I don't think they would replace it with another crime.

Also, the Cato Institute conducted its own studies in portugal. It found overall drug use remained about the same, but extremely problematic drug use (hurting ones self or others) dropped by about 50% as people were no longer afraid to have their government know about their drug usage. They were no longer stigmatized.

Switzerland has had even better results.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

the only thing Portugal is doing is helping the users. they still fuck with the dealers. i think rehab instead of jail will help. but not the legalizing of drugs. weed yes but not crack and the rest

Portugal certainly isn't perfect yet, but IMO they are doing a TON better than the U.S.

I have full access to this text through my UNI, but unfortunately I am unable to find a full text that I can share..but this is in except from an excellent article.

http://www.tikkun.org/nextgen/drug-prohibition-is-the-problem-reflections-from-a-former-judge

Prohibition was a bullshit religious cause and all it did was make the mob (that already existed for years and years) filthy rich.

Alcohol was still consumed, but it had to be produced by shady people now and was far less pure or safe. It also funded a lot of gang activity and violence DRASTICALLY increased.

I am of legal age, alcohol is legal, and I still do not drink. Just because it's legal, doesn't mean I have any interest in it whatsoever.

the thing is, right now they only kill each other and kidnap each other. take away the business and boom they will kidnap anyone and kill anyone..

you know all them street dealers? what do you think they will do once they have uncle sam selling? my money goes on mugging people and stealing cars to earn the green.. i think i rather have street dealers who dont fuck with me or steal from me and eventually get busted than to have thousands of new muggers and car thieves and possible kidnappers.. fact is bad people will still exist

That certainly is a theory...however, other countries that have legalized these drugs have the exact results I've suggested, and basically the opposite of what you're saying...
maybe because everyone is fucked in the head and overdosed... so you really think all those drug cartels and street dealers will turn in their guns and say fuck it, we lost and now we will be part of society? it will never happen..
No, but I certainly think it will decrease crime, not eliminate it. Just as I've said all along.

They would turn from drug dealers to some other form of crime, if you don't think so you're crazy.

Not only do they sell drugs they also take over whole cities and force every business owner to pay protection fees and you don't pay up or you try and stand up for yourself you'll cease to exist.

No one seems to get it because we live in a bubble here in U.S.A where it's nice and safe.

I think if drugs were legalized and sold by the government, there would be less crime. I don't think they would replace it with another crime.

Also, the Cato Institute conducted its own studies in portugal. It found overall drug use remained about the same, but extremely problematic drug use (hurting ones self or others) dropped by about 50% as people were no longer afraid to have their government know about their drug usage. They were no longer stigmatized.

i think you got it all wrong.. all they did was not criminalize the users and they offer help by sending them to rehab and not jail.. that i do see working since they help users to get away from it. no where does it say Purtugal sells drugs and get tax dollars from it.

You want to see the exact opposite of portugal look at Singapore, you can be sentenced to death for possession of any drug.

They pretty much ended drug problems.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/jun/05/singapore-policy-drugs-bay

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

The logic that criminals would stop being criminals is crazy.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

the more i read about portugal the more it tells me youre wrong.. drugs are not legal. and they do not sell drugs to citizens. they still criminalize the dealers but help the users. thats the only thing they did different.. HELP THE USERS.. drugs are still illegal if caught with more then 10 days of use. anything less and to the rehab you go. more and its jail.. how does that make drugs legal?

i think you got it all wrong.. all they did was not criminalize the users and they offer help by sending them to rehab and not jail.. that i do see working since they help users to get away from it. no where does it say Purtugal sells drugs and get tax dollars from it.

I think I insinuated that portugal legalized drugs when in fact they merely decriminalized drugs and created more treatment options.

What I suggested was that the U.S. should legalize and sell them, not that portugal did that.

You want to see the exact opposite of portugal look at Singapore, you can be sentenced to death for possession of any drug.

They pretty much ended drug problems.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/jun/05/singapore-policy-drugs-bay

Don't you think that is highly unethical?

Archived