Golf Cart Batteries.

Guest Powered By Hate

Guest Powered By Hate
now it wasnt that bad of an idea, but when you learn more about how to combine batts, and how combineing them in certan ways effect the amperage of the total batts.. its a learning process, and were here to help

since youre in the bat bussiness, what kind of deals can you get on the smaller sealed batts, kind of like the small ones they put into car jump start packs, or the kenitk 800s (cap killers)

three six volt batteries = 18v right? Isnt 18v good for an amp that takes 18v? Why wouldnt that be a good thing? Look at the batteries hes using in this pic. http://www.spl2k.com/sitebuilder/images/2003-R-659x495.jpg those are golf cart batteries I think.. I showed my boss whos been looking at batteries for 20 years and he said they were GC batteries too.. I could be wrong though.

Look at these batteries, very similar right? http://www.bohannonbattery.com/html/golf.html

Edited by Powered By Hate

yea them are the same ones my buddie was tryn to sell me that works at interstate, but dam there heavy....and didnt see where i would gain with useing them instead of your standard 12v batt.

18v is fine for a amp that takes 18v, but then you have to have a charger or 18v alt, and if you have neither, i see it as a pain to take the bat bank apart to charge them in 12v mode....

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

well maybe my idea with combineing bats is wrong, isnt if you connect the batts pos to pos you go up in amperage, but if you neg to pos you go with the amperage of one batt not both combined?...

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Guest Powered By Hate
well maybe my idea with combineing bats is wrong, isnt if you connect the batts pos to pos you go up in amperage, but if you neg to pos you go with the amperage of one batt not both combined?...

Lol.. so many things! Well.. so for my particular setup, I gotta have 18v. Is GC bats my best option. I understand about the power having to be swapped to 18.. power generator etc. I never said this was gonna be a breeze.. I take this pretty seriously. Each post I seriously take in consideration for my build.. I just want more input. 3 GC bats seem to be the ticket for each amp to run properly and put out max watts..

To run 18V for your stereo system, you're gonna HAVE to run dual alts.

One for the car, other for the stereo charging the 18v batts.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Guest Powered By Hate

No problem =] Someone mentioned a power generator.. A friend of mine said he could build one if I can round up the shit for like 100 bucks to run an 18v system..

Guest MegaloManiac

no sir, there are stepdown units you can get :)

No problem =] Someone mentioned a power generator.. A friend of mine said he could build one if I can round up the shit for like 100 bucks to run an 18v system..

How much amperage would it produce?

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo