Golf Cart Batteries.

Guest Powered By Hate

no sir, there are stepdown units you can get :)

Oh, really?

Wow, didn't know that.. lol. :blush:

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Guys, remember - all he wants to do is a 1 note burp as loud as he can. Alternators don't matter. Other voltage doesn't matter, he can have a little 12v battery to run the source with, or a voltage regulator.

Get 3, 6, 9, 12 x 6v batteries. Wire them up in series (3 per set) to get 18v.

As long as your amp can run at 18v you get 50% more power output from your amps... A lot of big amps LOVE a bit more voltage.

Just make sure you have a way of charging them ;)

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Guest Powered By Hate
How much amperage would it produce?

As little as possible.. not sure. Amps = heat right? heat bad. I dont know that much about em.. I like the idea of having a badass generator under my hood to run a window unit AC if I had to.. lol Boon you read my mind.. get out of my head! Thats right. All I want to do is burp one note. The whole car is gonna be designed to hit that one hit and kill it..

Edited by Powered By Hate

As little as possible.. not sure. Amps = heat right? heat bad. I dont know that much about em.. I like the idea of having a badass generator under my hood to run a window unit AC if I had to.. lol

Uhh.... :blink:

With a very little amount of amperage, you're not gonna be able to charge the batts, and if you're voltage drops below 10 or so, your amps go poof.

EDIT: Resistance causes heat, not amperes.

Edited by emat19876

Stock H/U and mids/highs

NVX LOC

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Guest Powered By Hate
Uhh.... :blink:

With a very little amount of amperage, you're not gonna be able to charge the batts, and if you're voltage drops below 10 or so, your amps go poof.

EDIT: Resistance causes heat, not amperes.

Dont I want alot of volts but not so much amps? Ugh so much to figure out.. I'm no expert.. Who knows I might fry these amps! Thats why I'm very grateful for you guys to post and let me know these things =] Well then, I guess Ima need alot of amps too. I'm not sure how much to be honest..

Dont I want alot of volts but not so much amps? Ugh so much to figure out.. I'm no expert.. Who knows I might fry these amps! Thats why I'm very grateful for you guys to post and let me know these things =] Well then, I guess Ima need alot of amps too. I'm not sure how much to be honest..

amplifiers pull amperes/voltage.

when your voltage drops, so does your amperes.

look at steves setup, 4 alts, 7 batteries (all paralleled to increase amperes but not voltage) and he has like VERY LITTLE voltage drop because of his alt setup. without all the amperes his alts provide (1,000+), he'd drain his batteries quick. same with any other setup that draws a ton of amperes and you've still got stock alt and battery.

it takes power to make power.

so yes, you're going to need to be able to produce amperes.

Edited by emat19876

Stock H/U and mids/highs

NVX LOC

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Guest Powered By Hate
amplifiers pull amperes/voltage.

when your voltage drops, so does your amperes.

look at steves setup, 4 alts, 7 batteries (all paralleled to increase amperes but not voltage) and he has like VERY LITTLE voltage drop because of his alt setup. without all the amperes his alts provide (1,000+), he'd drain his batteries quick. same with any other setup that draws a ton of amperes and you've still got stock alt and battery.

it takes power to make power.

so yes, you're going to need to be able to produce amperes.

No problem =] I dont think I'll be needing four though lol.. I figured the volts will drop when it hits but thats how these things go.. 3 seconds? I need 4 alts for 3 seconds?

No problem =] I dont think I'll be needing four though lol.. I figured the volts will drop when it hits but thats how these things go.. 3 seconds? I need 4 alts for 3 seconds?

Ahh shit, didn't see that this is gonna be burping only?

Ahh, ok.

I'd get the biggest alt (or two) you can fit, do a stepdown module for the cars electrical (since the alt will be doing 18v), and do that.

Stock H/U and mids/highs

NVX LOC

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Guest Powered By Hate
Ahh shit, didn't see that this is gonna be burping only?

Ahh, ok.

I'd get the biggest alt (or two) you can fit, do a stepdown module for the cars electrical (since the alt will be doing 18v), and do that.

Commence beating one note.

NOOOO...dont use three 6 volt batteries in series to reach 18 volts!

Batteries are made up of 2.11 volt cells and a 6 volt battery has 3 cells. That would be 18.99 volts when charged and would actually float higher than that. Optimum charging is 2.583 volts per cell which means you would need over 23 volts from your alternator.

Mine were 8 volt golf cart batteries btw. Interstate U8VGC or something like that. US Battery also makes one identical.

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.