noobslayer77 Posted February 24, 2015 Report Posted February 24, 2015 so with tax returns comin in and I'm lookin to sell the hd 1200 and w7s for some cash. Ideally i'd like to run 2 15's, but space is a concern because i got my xp3000 in the back next to the box. I'm gonna be goin around 5k for power, either 2 saz 2500's strapped or 1 dc 5k. Lookin for recs on subs. was considering zv3, sp4, hdc3. also tossing around the idea of 1 18. goal would be a 145... gonna be buying a meter as well for testing. 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 2 13w7s skar 3500 cnf mids (soon) xs batteries
noobslayer77 Posted February 24, 2015 Author Report Posted February 24, 2015 oh yea. i forgot. i have 38'' width, 20'' depth and around 45'' height to work with for box. 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 2 13w7s skar 3500 cnf mids (soon) xs batteries
thefourth Posted February 24, 2015 Report Posted February 24, 2015 oh yea. i forgot. i have 38'' width, 20'' depth and around 45'' height to work with for box. Sounds like that MIGHT get enough space for 2 15's Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
noobslayer77 Posted February 24, 2015 Author Report Posted February 24, 2015 yea. I know a guy on here has 2 15s in a liberty. they're inverted. But he also doesn't have a battery in the back. I'd rather have 2 12s or 1 18 with the right airspace than 2 15s in too small a box. So i will start lookin for 2 12s thatll take 2500 rms a piece. or one bad ass 18... the reason i went with the 13w7s was because i thought that was the most cone area i could get for the space i had. if its 12's then i can't go sp4. unless i do sp4 18 but i don't think thatll take 5k. u got any suggestions? 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 2 13w7s skar 3500 cnf mids (soon) xs batteries
rockFord_Expedition Posted February 24, 2015 Report Posted February 24, 2015 oh yea. i forgot. i have 38'' width, 20'' depth and around 45'' height to work with for box. 45 high? is this a wall? Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
moredbs Posted February 24, 2015 Report Posted February 24, 2015 If that 45'' height is right, you got plenty of room for some sp4 15s
Joe X Posted February 24, 2015 Report Posted February 24, 2015 45x38x20 -17 cubes gross, I would think 2 x 18" are doable.
noobslayer77 Posted February 24, 2015 Author Report Posted February 24, 2015 ****35'' height my bad guys. I still wanna see out the back window a little... My current box is 23'' and sits right at the height of the back seat... i'd love to do a wall but have zero experience, and i wanna build this box myself and upgrade everything myself so i don't wanna take on too much. 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 2 13w7s skar 3500 cnf mids (soon) xs batteries
Joe X Posted February 24, 2015 Report Posted February 24, 2015 3 12s would work and be better than a single 18 of similar spec, 2 15s good but if you picked DC audio, DSS other stuff that work on smaller boxes. 2 12s unlikely that would overtake by far 2 13.5s
Tony the wagon Posted February 24, 2015 Report Posted February 24, 2015 I had a liberty with two 12" pioneers and a battery and It was kinda cramped but sounded so well I never changed it, I would go with good 12's
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.