kyleg42090 Posted March 4, 2015 Report Posted March 4, 2015 I have a re audio xxx12d2 in a slot ported box I'm lowering it with audiopipe apmi 2000 watt amp. I feel like it should be hitting harder. Dont get me wrong it pounds but I can't help but feel like i should be throwing it more power. Any suggestions or feedback?
kyleg42090 Posted March 4, 2015 Author Report Posted March 4, 2015 The box is tuned to 32 hz and the amp says at one ohm it should be pushing 1944 watts so I don't know if maybe my amp needs to be tuned better or what.
SIDE SHOW Posted March 4, 2015 Report Posted March 4, 2015 why do you feel like it should be hitting harder? also whats your electrical like?
kyleg42090 Posted March 4, 2015 Author Report Posted March 4, 2015 It hits hard just I thought 2000 watss would be louder lol. Its all stock electrical my wiring kit is one gage
kyleg42090 Posted March 4, 2015 Author Report Posted March 4, 2015 My fuse is a 150 amp fuse. Could I go bigger on that to get more power? My sub is rated @ 200 RMS and 4000 max would a bigger amp be safe?
islandpride684 Posted March 4, 2015 Report Posted March 4, 2015 My fuse is a 150 amp fuse. Could I go bigger on that to get more power? My sub is rated @ 200 RMS and 4000 max would a bigger amp be safe?No, the fuse is there to protect the wire/equipment not add power...get another 12 is what I would do... Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
Cj Kumz Posted March 4, 2015 Report Posted March 4, 2015 How big is the box you are using? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.