Financial Mistake--Team Droppin' Hz--'10 Taurus Trunk Wall--Oval box COMPLETED--Video added (5/30/16)--DC Audio, PRV, Crescendo

Got my baffle holes cut and the back sides of the pillars opened up to allow the massive magents of each speaker to fit. Finished throwing some resin in spots where I couldn't get to before to strengthen them up. Gonna get the excess resin knocked down today and get them to paint next week. 

20170511_165941.jpg

Those pillarscame out nice! 

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

21 hours ago, sebringR/T said:

Now in the search of 2 Twisted 1.8ks in place of my 3.5k.

Just get another 3.5 so you will have plenty of headroom.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Well the car got some new brakes while I'm waiting on the pillars to come back. 

20170517_160150.jpg

Then I took the time today to pull the headliner out and start Project Blackout. All the "oh shit" handles, visor clips, mirrors, etc got painted black and cleared. Also got to working on the headliner. That itself was a lot more of a PITA than I expected. It doesn't help that the material I'm using doesn't stretch very much, BUT after A LOT of trial and error and an entire can of Super 90, pretty much half of the headliner is wrapped in black suede. Hoping its not raining in the morning so I can go get more adhesive. I currently can't close my sunroof.

20170520_180453.jpg

20170520_211721.jpg

I failed to mention I sold the Twisted 3.5 this morning. Trunk looks rather bare. Soon enough it will have something to fill the void and will be MUCH more power. 

Til

next time!

Headliner is completely done. Much bigger project than anticipated. Had to pull the entire sunroof assembly out of the in order to wrap the cover. Can't say I want to do another one anytime soon. 

20170521_110151.jpg

20170521_153932.jpg

It's not perfect, but it will work. 

Archived