Mechman Alternators Offical Demo HEARSE

I had the pleasure of working on this at Slam with David and Mechman.

For those who didn't get to hear this thing, I assure you it is a beast.

The trailer did not meet the hearse until the show, so it took a little bit to get it to the point of playing.
A few mechanical issues input some delays so it was worked around to get it at least playing Saturday.

Issues happen when you go HUGE, and this build is HUGE.

For those who did hear it, and were undoubtedly impressed, just think...

That was at less than 1/10th sub stage power, mids were at 1/10th power, and tweets were not playing (with no alts and no charge all weekend).

Yet, the windshield might as well have been have been a flag with how it was moving.

Had the top windshield/body seal not completely separated, the glass would have exploded, and it almost did anyway.

I have a few videos, but unfortunately did not take any pictures to show off David's work.

This is definitely a build to stay watching as it progresses.

Yes I have a lot of stereo weight. I build for Smiles Per Gallon not Miles Per Gallon LOLZ

My build - 1996 4Runner with 2 18s - 149+ in a sealed box (with radiators)

0a4ee87c-28c8-4bf8-9dfe-5a06b9dea2dc_zps

3e3eb9dd-70f8-4424-ad11-ccebcd929ac4_zps

I had the pleasure of working on this at Slam with David and Mechman.

For those who didn't get to hear this thing, I assure you it is a beast.

The trailer did not meet the hearse until the show, so it took a little bit to get it to the point of playing.

A few mechanical issues input some delays so it was worked around to get it at least playing Saturday.

Issues happen when you go HUGE, and this build is HUGE.

For those who did hear it, and were undoubtedly impressed, just think...

That was at less than 1/10th sub stage power, mids were at 1/10th power, and tweets were not playing (with no alts and no charge all weekend).

Yet, the windshield might as well have been have been a flag with how it was moving.

Had the top windshield/body seal not completely separated, the glass would have exploded, and it almost did anyway.

I have a few videos, but unfortunately did not take any pictures to show off David's work.

This is definitely a build to stay watching as it progresses.

Your help was invaluable!!!

Josh was kind enough to machine the standoff spacers that will be the first mounting points to go from the engine to the alternator rack. There will be several support's going from the alt rack and the top and bottom of the engine to steady it. The idea is to get belt alignment sorted out first...

IMG_0326_zpsoforaud7.jpg

IMG_0327_zpsmp79ktx9.jpg

Got the 14 volt alternators mocked up. Just need to mount idlers, check/adjust alignment, and add the extra bolt on bracing. We are trying to design the system so that the secondary belt can be changed without un-bolting the entire system, which is going to be a challenge...

IMG_0332_zps4xrtywrz.jpg

IMG_0331_zpsml0y6cyr.jpg

IMG_0330_zpszg5nlj6t.jpg

i like how they're inverted from the original alternator. looks cool and gives you super easy access to those power terminals!

this may be a dumb question, but i just realized that the alternators will also be spun in the opposite direction of the primary, so an alternator pulley can be spun either direction and still work normally? i dont know much about alternators, ive just never thought about the pulley being able to be spun the other direction.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Archived