Sundown Audio

is the massive audio n3 enough power?

beanbo12

At the end of the day I would like to have two rf amps and the sd 15s but they will come with time. Then the new alt and and more batteries will come. Q if I get the the sx 4800 and then I want more batteries in the back will they have to the 4800 series also or could I get slightly smaller of the same brand to save on cost?

That rockford will b too much for that single sa 15. Pioneer sells a good monoblock that puts out 800 rms at 1 ohm. That should b more than sufficient for that one sub. And u shouldnt need any massive power upgrades to run it smoothly. They sell on amazon for under 150 bucks.

600 watts and you want a HO alt (200A) ? That is too much.

Get that XS battery if you want : it will not be a bad move. But it may not be necessary.

Do you plan to use an amplifier on your mids & highs too ?

That small Pioneer amp is a good choice : the RF Prime is too powerful for your sub, so you can save money on that one. Don't forget that the box is the most important thing.

It's way much efficient to focus on a good custom box, than on a big amplifier, and batts, and etc...

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

The pioneer looks great( especially at 125 compared to 237 on the rf) and Il take your word on the pioneer. I was just scared of underpowering it and I knew the rf does rms.I do plane on a high and mid amp not sure which one yet. Also I was planning on using the box from their site but can't download sketchup for some reason. Anybody got any good box plans for 1 sa15.

Thats a good choice too. Either one of those amps is goin to b a solid performer that should give years of reliable service. Now the question should be wich one do u like more and wich one do u want to use?

I like the prime more, from what I've seen they look like solid amps. And if y'all are sure I won't be under powering the sub or pushing the amp to much il order the 750. Just at the end I don't want to say I should have orderd the 1200 for 30 more bucks. I also don't want to damage the sub.

U said u wanted to upgrade eventually, so u could get a sa 15 d4 instead of the d2 and buy the rockford 1200.1. Just run the amp at 2 ohms till you get your other 15. That rockford will push both subs fine at 1 ohm and itll really flex the single one. Just make sure ur gains are set right and that u have no distortion. Sundown woofers can take a beating.

Archived