Sundown Audio

lanzar max pro 4000w

Zackazp23

I'm not sure if this is the correct spot. Sorry if it isn't.

Car: 06 mazda3 hatch

Wires: 4awg

Power cap: 5f power acoustik

Box: custom ported

Amp: lanzar max pro 4000w

I blew my boss phantom's with this amp and now I'm looking for new subs(obviously) I just need help with narrowing down my options to at least 2 right now I'm looking at some MOFOs 124 the other subs idk?

I want some ball rattling bass but still being clean. I don't want to spend more than 500$ FOR THE PAIR.

The MOFOs I searched and they seem like what I'm looking for they can handle the 1000w RMS the amp puts out.

P.s I'm thinking of getting a second battery and ditching the cap.

Any/all help greatly appreciated!!

Thanks, Zack.

OK this probably isn't what you want to hear but ditch the amp too.

$500 for a pair of subs is a good budget, I'd get a pair of sundown sa-12's with that budget.

Definitely ditch the cap.

also remember the sub box will make or break how the system performs.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

What's wrong with the amp??

I did a bit of reading about it and have read the RMS isn't up to par but I've read other people having good luck with it.

What's a good amp if I decide to get a new amp.?

Thanks for the reply BTW.

Lanzar makes really low quality stuff.

There are plenty of amp options out there that could power some sa12's properly on a budget.

Would you have a budget in mind for a new amp if you were to get one?

It would help if we knew what you are willing to spend.

Once again the box is very important too.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Wellll the 500 is were I'm at. My wife agreed to 500$ of our tax refund :P I can make a new box if I really need to.

My buddy had mtx jackhammers on the lanzar and they sounded really good he had an extra battery.

Well you could do one sub a proper amp and a new custom box and I guarantee you'll be happier than what you had.

And stay in budget.

Could u reccomend an amp to go with the mofos to push them well. I can get the mofos for a little less than 300 for the pair. So if an amp for those could be reccomemded for those while being under 200$ that would be awesome. That will keep me at my 500$ mark too.

Here is one option.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EVZDW00/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1425973201&sr=8-1π=AC_SX200_QL40&keywords=sundown+sa&dpPl=1&dpID=41VMyitaSvL&ref=plSrch

with this.

http://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosgate-Prime-channel-Amplifier/dp/B004T166L8

there are plenty of other options as well such as sticking with your amp and just getting a pair of dual 4 ohm subs and building a good box but my personal opinion would be to upgrade the amp as well.

Could u reccomend an amp to go with the mofos to push them well. I can get the mofos for a little less than 300 for the pair. So if an amp for those could be reccomemded for those while being under 200$ that would be awesome. That will keep me at my 500$ mark too.

I really can't recommend that you run the mofos at all, you can get better for the money.

I made that last post right as u made urs I guess.

I'd like to stay with a pair of subs. I like to have unnesscary amounts of bass. I used to have orions in a custom box that took people breath away, they got stolen. I can't budget for those again though :P

I'd like to stay with a pair with a amp capable of pushing them hard.

Archived