thumper44 Posted March 10, 2015 Report Posted March 10, 2015 I'm wanting to build a single chamber box for 3 10's and I'm having problems trying to figure out how to port it I've always built divided chamber boxes for multiple sub's I am limited on space on this build that is why I'm going single chamber a single port or 2 ports I just need to figure out the port size for this enclosure I'm wanting to tune it between 40 to 42hz the enclosure is 4 cubic feet
Cj Kumz Posted March 10, 2015 Report Posted March 10, 2015 If you can post the max dimensions you have, the power you running, type of car and type of subs it will be easier to see how best we can help on manipulating the box for optimum performance. Most 10s don't require large ports. 1 big aero port should be enough or you could do a slot port to avoid running many small ports. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
thumper44 Posted March 11, 2015 Author Report Posted March 11, 2015 The maximum exterior measurements are 30"Lx18"Wx18"H and the car is a 1996 Honda civic hatch and I'm wanting the box to be even with the back of the seat the sub's are kicker compr 10's and the amp is a 1200x1
Cj Kumz Posted March 11, 2015 Report Posted March 11, 2015 Your space is a little small for those subs. For optimum performance you need a box at around 5.5cubes net but you actually have under 5 cubes gross. Personally I think two of those subs in the right enclosure would do better than the three of them in a tight box. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
thumper44 Posted March 12, 2015 Author Report Posted March 12, 2015 I already have 2 now in a 3 cu.ft. box I'm not real happy so I bought 2 more so I can put 3 in my car and the single in my wife's car I'll eventually figure it out how to get it in there I always do
Joe X Posted March 12, 2015 Report Posted March 12, 2015 How are you not happy? Not loud enough? You see you are looking for a rather high tuning that may not work too well with some types of music.
thumper44 Posted March 12, 2015 Author Report Posted March 12, 2015 Yes just not enough a 10 sounds best between 40 to 45 hz if I have to I can build a sealed box but not my preference but I've got to give a little to gain a little
Joe X Posted March 12, 2015 Report Posted March 12, 2015 The comp 10s are 150W each so 3 of them can take 450W or so, despite the big box those 3 little guys won't take you far, if you really want to get louder you need better subs IMO.
thumper44 Posted March 13, 2015 Author Report Posted March 13, 2015 Well I can say one thing I have used kicker sub and amps for 16 year I have had no complaints not one by the way the sub's are compR and they are 600w not just comp believe it or not the 2 that are in my car now are pushing 138 SPL on 400 watts not too bad for 2 10s in my opinion kicker kicks ass and all that other high priced shit can kiss kickers ass
Triticum Agricolam Posted March 13, 2015 Report Posted March 13, 2015 Well I can say one thing I have used kicker sub and amps for 16 year I have had no complaints not one by the way the sub's are compR and they are 600w not just comp believe it or not the 2 that are in my car now are pushing 138 SPL on 400 watts not too bad for 2 10s in my opinion kicker kicks ass and all that other high priced shit can kiss kickers assWhat's with the attitude? So JoeX mistook which subs you have and said you might want to upgrade and you can't handle even that level of criticism?There are many people here with a lot more car audio knowledge than you have that will be happy to help you as long as you are respectful and act like an adult. You might want to put more effort into doing that. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.