Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

box and ports


thumper44

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well I can say one thing I have used kicker sub and amps for 16 year I have had no complaints not one by the way the sub's are compR and they are 600w not just comp believe it or not the 2 that are in my car now are pushing 138 SPL on 400 watts not too bad for 2 10s in my opinion kicker kicks ass and all that other high priced shit can kiss kickers ass

Better subs like in better power handling pls not like in better brand, but I did miss the R, you are right about that so 1800W, you will need a new amp and custom electrical to give them what they need, you will need an amp that sources the 1800W to 1.33 ohm so more or less a 2.4-2.5 K @ 1 ohm is what you may be looking for.

On the box I couldn't find enough space in those dimensions , maybe remeasure to see if you can find a couple of inches here and there.

Posted

Thanks for all the help and sorry for the attitude but I have been building systems for 20 years I have never built a ported single chamber box for multiple sub's I have already upgraded the electrical system and I'm gonna use a 1200x1 @ 4ohm and 2400x1 @ 2ohm my sub's are dual4ohm so I'm wiring to a 2.6 load and im pretty sure I can get a few more inches here and there I'll just have change the shape of the box

Posted

Yah if you can work on some extra space that will definetely make an improvement on the target volume. You might also wanna consider a bigger amp since you running above 2ohms. Though an efficient box can compensate that

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 1 Anonymous, 3059 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...