Second Skin Audio

New Box For A American Bass XFL 10

SQL50

Before I begin my post, here's the current box specs from a box I've already built off of Torres. L port design, sub up port back, 01 4 dr blazer, 1.64 cu ft net airspace, port area: 26 sq in, tuning: 33.60 hz. Note: This is an empty box w/o the xfl in it. I don't know the sub displacement, they didn't print it in the manual, so what the sub is seeing net I'm not for sure. But here's the post (bandwidth). That box was originally designed for a fosgate p2 10, so I wanted an upgrade and got an xfl 10. Of course were all eager to listen to the new woofer, so I dropped it in the same box. Right off this xfl 10 loves lows and sounds good doing so, at least to me. The only thing that was aggravating is that on bass heavy music (rap, r & B) etc or even on rock & country, on note transitions of a higher frequency was either extremely weak (barely audible) or just completely not heard, when on other sub systems those higher notes were there on the same songs. Any box recommendations for this woofer? It's powered by a fosgate r1200-1d.

^ Correct, where do I need to go from here? That's it's current performance in that particular box which was designed for a p2. Just dropped it in there for the time being to try to get an idea on how I need to build the next one but I'm not entirely sure because it's the first american bass woofer I've ever owned. Any ideal box ideas on it?

Archived