Second Skin Audio

proper port design

mhuffman

im in the process of trying to make the blueprints for my ported blow through for my 2005 f250. they are going in my tool box which is 61x15x18. the subs need 2.5 cubes after displacements which is cake work but ive never had to design my own ports and im bulling my beard out here! im using 2 jl 13w3v3s running at 1 ohm and opening it up to my rear seat flip down arm rest/cup holder which is 12.5x15.5 can someone pleaseeeeeee point me in the right direction on getting this thing designed properly! and ive used calculators but I need more in depth step by step

It helped a lot but the drivers need to be internal. And I was hoping to leave it open on the center where you cab see the subs through the blow through and the ports running down the center was going yuk have them kinda short but I'll play around with this.

Yes you can't do a 4th bandpass blowthrough in your toolbox since there's not enough space but you can do a ported one, something like this:

tportsingle.jpg

Unhappily there's a lot of cutting needed so a 4th BP would probably be better since you just need to cut the port area, problem is that the toolbox can't be used, if you want to do this you have to make a choice.

Archived