Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Question for Joe X


EddieC

Recommended Posts

Posted

Joe, I have a quick question about an enclosure design you did for me. It's at this link.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195844-opinions-suggestions-for-single-12-ethos-design/#entry2939440

Question is...do I need to add any bracing for this or will the double baffle be enough support? I asked this in another post but you didn't reply so I don't know if you saw it or not. On that thread I had someone tell me that they would do a 1" dowel on each side of the sub from the front to the back, going through the port. I did have some 45s cut for each of the corners to help with support, but I don't want to add too much and screw up the tuning. Also, on the double baffle both sub cutouts are the same, so there will not be a flush mount. I'm kinda thinking. ..and hoping, that will be enough. What do you think?

And thanks again for the design man. I'm using one of yours right now on 2 SSA DCON 12s and that thing pounds HARD for such low powered subs. Thanks for that one too! You obviously know your shizz!

Current install:

Pioneer DEH-X8600BH HU

AQ200.2 front stage amp

Q1-2200.1 sub amp

2 12" SSA DCON subs in 4cu ported tuned to 32 Hz

Image Dynamics CTX65 drivers

Image Dynamics XS28 tweeters

Kicker DS40 dash speakers

KnuConcepts 4 gauge wiring for AQ200.2

1/0 OFC big 3 and rear battery/sub amp runs

220 amp HO alt from Js Ultimate Alts

Second Skin Damplifier Pro deadening

Optima Yellow Top Group 34 / 78 under hood

Die Hard Platinum Group 31 marine in rear

Stinger voltmeter

Posted

Please use pms.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5219 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...