Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Enclosure recommendations for AB XFL1244


cylon58

Recommended Posts

Posted

Might be able to save a little room with an aero port. Its worth the couple minutes of punching numbers into torres to check.

I tried but with enough port area the length became so long it would have to face the side. But I could be totally wrong, I know nothing about using aero ports.

You are not wrong, Just do a box the size it needs to be, 2-3 extra inches depth that you lose is not going to make any big difference in your trunk capacity anyways.

Posted

Might be able to save a little room with an aero port. Its worth the couple minutes of punching numbers into torres to check.

I tried but with enough port area the length became so long it would have to face the side. But I could be totally wrong, I know nothing about using aero ports.

You are not wrong, Just do a box the size it needs to be, 2-3 extra inches depth that you lose is not going to make any big difference in your trunk capacity anyways.

Thanks man. I'm gonna play around with some of these numbers in torres then use some cardboard to mock it up and see how if fits in my trunk. The sub should be here on Tuesday, and I don't expect it to take me more than a couple of hours to build the box (I'm a newb with box building, but I have a full woodworking shop in my garage), so I've got a little time tomorrow to experiment.

Posted

I did 2.3 cubes per xfl.

1998 Monte Carlo Z34

Stock HU but have replacement

Stock Highs

Stock Electrical

BTL 18 sitting naked

AP1500D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3293 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...