Cj Kumz Posted April 2, 2015 Report Posted April 2, 2015 No but I come there occasionally. Yes Roupesh from Targa should have some good info. But best would be try and error till you find the right box. It would be costly though Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
BannisterEc Posted April 7, 2015 Author Report Posted April 7, 2015 I landed up getting rid of the subs so I can take the money and upgrade the system. Are you from a neighbouring country
Cj Kumz Posted April 7, 2015 Report Posted April 7, 2015 I move around quite abit but right now I'm in Zambia. What subs were you looking at?? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
BannisterEc Posted April 9, 2015 Author Report Posted April 9, 2015 Might head to Compz 15s for the box that Joe helped built but there is no specsheet so he suggests I should try another brand. So I was looking at Reference Audio as my Targa's are struggling on my Audiobank running at 2 0hm. Could you suggest anything perhaps? Trying to sell the Targa 16kz now as Joe says its abit strong
Cj Kumz Posted April 11, 2015 Report Posted April 11, 2015 Is your sub selection based on the same dimensions you gave? You could try DD audio, spl dynamics or b2 audio. I know those are readily available in south africa Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Joe X Posted April 11, 2015 Report Posted April 11, 2015 DD would be pretty much safe choice spcially for SPL oriented stuff only thing it's pretty expensive. There also should be Ground Zero subs over there.
BannisterEc Posted April 12, 2015 Author Report Posted April 12, 2015 Mike from Reference Audio in Sa has a container of Dd Red Series(700 & 800)coming in this Friday. My friend has the Taramps Hd8000 2 Ohm version which is practically brand new and still has the plastic packaging still on it for R7000(He has burped it 3times only doing 155db in his Mini with his Audiocontrol.) Next dilemma is I can trade in my old Termlab for 375usd + 25usd and get the Termlab Magnum or the Taramps amp Unfortunately I can only do two, might have to leave the DD subs and make do with the Targa 1502dw's. On wed my friend is driving 300km from his a neighbouring town to check out my Palio and let me meter my setup with the box Joe X designed for the Targa 1502dws with the Hd8000. Maybe I take the Hd8000 on the spot
BannisterEc Posted April 12, 2015 Author Report Posted April 12, 2015 DD would be pretty much safe choice spcially for SPL oriented stuff only thing it's pretty expensive. There also should be Ground Zero subs over there. Im heading towards the DD as its been around a lot longer and seems abit more popular im my opinion but I have no personal experience with them. I also would like the Dds because they have full thiele small parameters provided not like some other subs I own or have owned in the past. Im glad to see Cj Kumz and yourself have both mentioned DD's so they must be pretty good. Would the Dd 15's work in the Box you designed for my current subs(Targa1502dws?)
Cj Kumz Posted April 13, 2015 Report Posted April 13, 2015 Yes they will work but not to full potential. Most DD subs love big boxes and large port area. So you might need a box change Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
BannisterEc Posted April 13, 2015 Author Report Posted April 13, 2015 Oh dammit, another 2 sheets of wood are not in the budget for the next 3months lol
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.