Second Skin Audio

Low Tuned Vs. Higher Tuneing

Actually- it started when i first got on myspace several years ago and has been a habit since. when i finish typing my right hand snags the (-) button the the way to the mouse and between the time my hand leaves the keyboard and reaches the mouse left hand has already finished (DREW) because they're all so close. basicly, its .8432 seconds of habit i have a hard time breaking, and i dont see how it does any harm :D

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

This isent sign here, or unemployment checks etc, i just find it annoying. No offense, You just do it on every forum. You post a smiley face and then your name. Just makes no sense to do it.

my good sir it is a simple dash (-) before the name and i find it more annoying seeing pictures as large as possible as signatures or a very long list of equipment ran/sponsors because it makes the page that much longer. if it is that annoying start a petition for my ban, if not- i'm sorry you have to keep reading it.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

You make a smaller box for SPL at high notes with high power because it helps to control the woofer's excursion when you're throwing thousands of watts at it.

You make a big box for lows so you can get sensible tuning without having either a tiny little port (port noise) or a ridiculously long one.

At least I think that's the idea :S

Swapping the port can work but there comes a point when it won't... my Daily box (normally tuned to 29hz) wouldn't tune higher than 40-some hz, and that was using the thickness of the front baffle as the port.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

You make a smaller box for SPL at high notes with high power because it helps to control the woofer's excursion when you're throwing thousands of watts at it.

You make a big box for lows so you can get sensible tuning without having either a tiny little port (port noise) or a ridiculously long one.

At least I think that's the idea :S

Swapping the port can work but there comes a point when it won't... my Daily box (normally tuned to 29hz) wouldn't tune higher than 40-some hz, and that was using the thickness of the front baffle as the port.

Honestly I was going to keep my box the same size as spl and just do different tuneing and play different frequencies when I go to the meter.

Edited by PaulO2288