Second Skin Audio

Low Tuned Vs. Higher Tuneing

Alright, Im rebuilding a box for my subs. I cant decide if I want to rebuild the box to my 28hz again because it wuold high the highs moderately and rumble like thunder and shake everything to death on the lows hair tricks absolutely! But it felt like I wasent createing any pressure and it dident feel like it was loud. Any time I tune deep as I did i get it to sound good and i love the supriseing deep bass that rumbles, and sounds good, moves a ton of air, flexes everything and creates hair tricks. I had a box that I had tuned to 34hz and hated it. Didient like it. So I guess Im just going to have to build 2 boxes. 1 to 28hz for my daily driveing and another box to 68hz (resonant frequency) for spl comps. Or I was thinking along the line of interchangealbe ports. I like slot ports but How could I go along of making it interchangealbe? And does my tuneing make sense of sounds better and how it slams extra hard on the lows?

I see amatt reading he has swappable ports maybe he can shed some light.

edit: using precision ports (I have never used these so I don't know much about them)

Edited by wL<3bass

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

68 is a nice peak for a vehicle.

tune around 40 if you like higher bass and lower towards 30 if you like low bass.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

68 is a nice peak for a vehicle.

tune around 40 if you like higher bass and lower towards 30 if you like low bass.

Im thinking of deffintally doing 2 boxes, 1 for spl and 1 for daily sql. Just cant decide If I want the sq of the 28hz one and the rumbleing shaking low notes or the higher louder all around but low frequencies.

Im thinking of deffintally doing 2 boxes, 1 for spl and 1 for daily sql. Just cant decide If I want the sq of the 28hz one and the rumbleing shaking low notes or the higher louder all around but low frequencies.

This is what I had - daily box tuned to 29hz, keeps the sub under control even when slamming out the lows - also make the box large.

For SPL, make the box smaller, and DON'T TUNE TO YOUR RES FREQUENCY.

The peak of your box in the car does NOT equal its tuning frequency! It is usually around 5hz either side of it depending on the box (and the car....)

Also remember that your res. frequency will change as your SPL increases.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

This is what I had - daily box tuned to 29hz, keeps the sub under control even when slamming out the lows - also make the box large.

For SPL, make the box smaller, and DON'T TUNE TO YOUR RES FREQUENCY.

The peak of your box in the car does NOT equal its tuning frequency! It is usually around 5hz either side of it depending on the box (and the car....)

Also remember that your res. frequency will change as your SPL increases.

Why exactally do I make the box smaller for spl? Ill tune around 60hz then if im looking for it to peak around 65-68hz.

How did you like the rumbleing shaking bass from the low tuneing and low notes? I loved how it suprised everyone who sat in the car. They were like, wow man your vocals are screaming out your bass. I was like lol high notes then boom would come the rumbleing lows and then the subs would edge out the vocals for that minute. Like on Killa Cam