Second Skin Audio

JL Audio 1000/1 v1 amp melting wires problem

Flip_one

74538747-2E90-4579-AE97-270F307B41E5.jpg

are those ground wires just hanging loose there?

looks like its taped up against the ground lug. I would also like to see the tape peeled back from the lugs and a picture of how they are crimped.

Just to be clear, this is for the OP's benefit, not to bag on him about crappy connections. I've done some shady work when i first started car audio and i would smack the crap out of my younger self for some of the half-assed shit i did. lol

looks like its taped up against the ground lug. I would also like to see the tape peeled back from the lugs and a picture of how they are crimped.Just to be clear, this is for the OP's benefit, not to bag on him about crappy connections. I've done some shady work when i first started car audio and i would smack the crap out of my younger self for some of the half-assed shit i did. lol

I think he's referring to the fact that the wires are just hanging from a bolt instead of it being tightened down to the battery.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Sorry if any of this has been answered, but how is your voltage at high volumes? Also i see an Epic center, are you using that thing properly? or do you use it to get the draaggggggg.

My voltage is a little over 14v and when i turn the volume high it drops to maybe 12-12.5v I don't over use the epicenter, I only turn the knob about half ways

They tested an epicenter on sound man and any little bit they turned the know was instant distortion.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

looks like its taped up against the ground lug. I would also like to see the tape peeled back from the lugs and a picture of how they are crimped.Just to be clear, this is for the OP's benefit, not to bag on him about crappy connections. I've done some shady work when i first started car audio and i would smack the crap out of my younger self for some of the half-assed shit i did. lol
I think he's referring to the fact that the wires are just hanging from a bolt instead of it being tightened down to the battery.

All the power and ground wires on the battery posts are tight as hell, the skinny black wires you see laying there are from the back seat cables to fold and unfold the seat.

I'm thinking the JL amp has striped screws for amp inputs. Only because he said it did the same thing and melted the wires even with the 4ga wire.

All the times I've ever seen the area where the wire meltts say fuse holders and such it's always a loose conncection.

Save the random fool running wire too small which isn't the case here.

Lets say the screws were stripped and If I put new screws in and tighten them real good and still does the same thing what other things could have caused it?

Archived