Second Skin Audio

Band pass

sicklife17

...I don't know I'd any calculators or design programs that will model a series tuned 6th order but winisd does well for 4ths and parallel 6ths.

Hornresp can kinda model series tuned BP6 boxes. Akabak can definitely do it. Both programs are free, but both require you to really know what you are doing to get good info out of them, ESPECIALLY Akabak.

No kidding? I'll have to check those out!

Team NorthWestSPL

No kidding? I'll have to check those out!

Just so you are prepared, Hornresp isn't too tough to use, but it works quite a bit differently than other programs you may be more used to (like WinISD). Here is a how to guide for Hornresp that will get you going: http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-subwoofers-general-discussion/36532-hornresp-dum-hmm-everyone.html

Akabak, on the other hand, has a significantly steeper learning curve. I'm just beginning to learn to use it myself and I still have almost no idea what I'm doing. The other problem is it will NOT run under a 64-bit OS, at all. I'm running under WinXP in a 32-bit virtual machine on my Win7 64-bit desktop PC. It works, but it was a bit of a hassle to setup. The advantage of Akabak is you can model just about anything. 8th order bandpass boxes, very complex horns, anything you can think of.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived