Second Skin Audio

Band pass

sicklife17

There isn't one like Torres, DON'T USE RE-BOX CALCULATOR! It's wrong on it's calculations.

You can use WinISD or some of the pay for programs, like the term-pro software.

The best I can do is suggest doing a shit load of research on the acoustics of enclosures.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

You should just build a regular enclosure, no reason to complicate things.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Stick with a standard box for now, it won't be worth the extra work to go bandpass.

As far as your original question goes. I don't know I'd any calculators or design programs that will model a series tuned 6th order but winisd does well for 4ths and parallel 6ths.

Team NorthWestSPL

...I can't find a simple one for band pass. I'm lookig to get two sa10s and would like to do something different then a areo port or a slot.

There is nothing simple about bandpass boxes.

Kinda along the lines of what Krakin said, to design a bandpass box that will perform well you have to really understand how they work and know what you are doing. They aren't like ported boxes where there are a lot of easy cookie-cutter shortcuts.

Also if performance is your primary goal 99% of the time you are going to do best with a ported box. If education and experimentation are your primary goals, a bandpass box might be good for you.

If you are just looking to do something different you could always use passive radiators or build an ABC box.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

...I don't know I'd any calculators or design programs that will model a series tuned 6th order but winisd does well for 4ths and parallel 6ths.

Hornresp can kinda model series tuned BP6 boxes. Akabak can definitely do it. Both programs are free, but both require you to really know what you are doing to get good info out of them, ESPECIALLY Akabak.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

What are passive radiators and abc boxes

Passive radiator: http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=passive+radiator

ABC box: http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=aperiodic+bi+chamber+enclosure

Neither of the above will get you much better performance than a regular ported box, both will be more complex and/or expensive to build than a regular ported box and easier to screw up, but if you really want to do something different they are a couple options for you.

Or you could just build a ported box.

Builds:

Archived