Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

1st design need help!


Jwill96

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello i would like to introduce myself as this is my first topic. My name is Jared and I am 19. I call central Illinois home. I have been lurking the forum for over a year and gaining knowledge. I've had many systems in the past although none are notable, equipment from walmart and bestbuy.Now it's time for some quality gear. I purchased a SoundQubed HDC4 15 and an AQ 2200 amp off of a local guy. Now comes the time to install it. I drive a 01 Dodge Dakota 4dr. I will be removing the back seats in order to fit a box. I'm somewhat lost on box design as i have no experience with such. I have been playing around on Torres to get an idea. I would like your guys input on it.I dont want to waste time, effort, and money on a fail; too much of that in previous setups.

Posted

what are the dimentions you have to work with and what are you looking to do? SPL, daily music.... and do you have a decent electrical system? you dont want too much voltage drop, which will be bad on a stock system.

Posted

What resistance is the sub? Dual 4 or Dual 2? And also what Andrew said, what are you trying to do??

boss 1200 and a ipod nano.

Posted

i just realized you in central IL, im north of you in kenosha, WI depending on the distance id love to help you build a box

Posted

My dimensions are 27w x 18d x About 25 max. The sub is a dual 1ohm. It will be for daily music but I would like it to get loud. The truck has a 160amp alternator factory. Saving up for a better battery.

Posted

this is with the sub facing up... assuming the 18" side is front to back on the truck 27 side to side and the 25 max for height towards the roof...

ADD INTERNAL BRACING!!!!! that sub will need it.

box3.jpgbox2.jpg

Posted

I don't have a set orientation in mind. You are correct on the dimentions. 18in being rear wall to front of trunk. If I create a false floor I will be able to add a few inches to that dimension.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 665 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...