Low preout voltage?

adjust (turn down) the sub level on the headunit to match the output of the front amp so they are both around the same volume

So instead of one part sounding like ass, make them both match?

He needs to find someone or get an o-scope or DD-1 and find his max clean output. You start that process with your sub out turned all the way up and back it down as necessary.

The headunit clips at 38/50. I work at a manufacturing company that makes radio broadcasting equipment. I borrowed an old school oscillator scope, not a portable one. But the guy that uses it there to set up the broadcast consoles helped plug it up and everything. As reading online it said to set it just below clipping. I just gave it just a little extra space since I tend to have music that varies in volume quite a bit.

and side show if i turn down the sub level, I hardly have any voltage on the speaker out and the subs act like they're not even on. So matching volume to the front would just be no bass with hardly any highs at max volume. Lol.

I had the same problem, I had a really nice alpine navigation deck I paid 1000 for a few years ago and didn't realize it was only 2v out. It still worked but not as loud or clear as some higher voltage decks I had. I would get an epicenter, or a new deck if I were you.

2volts is PLENTY for OPs application. There is zero reason to worry about more output voltage. Unless the deck is complete shit, in which case it's still not a voltage issue.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived