Grounding with a common mid ground

Hello, wondering if this is a bad idea, Im running low on my ground cable which I only ordered 15' of because I though i would only need about 10, plans have gone a little different and if my amp rack idea doesn't work out the way it "should" when the amps show up, i may be mounting amps under the third row, which isnt a big deal but I only have enough to wire to run one run to each amp from the rear battery. The problem with getting more cable is my ground cable was the limited edition SHCA white 1/0 OFC, not available anymore, and im pretty sure they arent going to make 10' more just for me haha. so my soloution was to possibly run a distro block between the battery - and the amp ground terminal leading to a ground, which i would have enough cable for. it might be hard to picture but here is a super basic diagram.

Batt neg._______"T" distro block________BC2000D

I

I

Ground

This would be happening twice, one for each amp.

Would this be a viable option provided my rear amp rack wont work?

-If its loud, fast, outrageous, or all of the above, chances are i'll think its awesome.

-"No way he's OCD." -said none of the people that know me ever.

04' Suburban "Lucifer" A.K.A #Lucii (Under Construction)

4 10s on 4kW in 6cu net @~28hz

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

92' JDM 325i "Stella" ~Going for sale to build a 350+hp E30~

Gutted pipes

96,000 OG KM's (59,000 mi)

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW

89' Gen 3 Honda Prelude SI AWS "Odis"

Bone Stock

Possibly going to stance it

Ground from amp to battery then batts to frame. If you can't get a hold of anymore ofc 1/0 white. Change your grounds to black. I wouldn't run a distro block for grounds like it shows in your pic

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Go to your local electrical supply house and see if they can dig up any high strand count 2/0 OFC cable. Like welding cable. Won't be exact match, but not a bad bet.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Okay, even one no would be enough to convince me, I was questioning it myself. so yeah im going to use all the white I have and I can try to use silver or "transparent" cable for the last 2 small runs of ground wire. ill find a way to make it work. Thanks guys!

-If its loud, fast, outrageous, or all of the above, chances are i'll think its awesome.

-"No way he's OCD." -said none of the people that know me ever.

04' Suburban "Lucifer" A.K.A #Lucii (Under Construction)

4 10s on 4kW in 6cu net @~28hz

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

92' JDM 325i "Stella" ~Going for sale to build a 350+hp E30~

Gutted pipes

96,000 OG KM's (59,000 mi)

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW