Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

2 soundqubed hds312 ported box build


Recommended Posts

Posted

I made this to estimate what was feasible in your space, if it seves you as reference:

NOTE: power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

hds12.jpg

SFPFNTNoshared_zps7fe1aafd.jpg

Posted

Looks really good i wanted to do the port on one side of the box instead of in the middle but not a big deal can always just fold the seats all down so not a big deal. I'm hoping making a new box to the specs of the subs will make it sound better with the subs firing into the car i know now if I face the subs towards the back of the car it's a lot louder and hits a lot more notes so I'm thinking maybe it's just the box there in now.

Posted

On the above the port in the center acts as heavy bracing, it's kind of convenient since a double layer baffle would require aditional 0.75" depth that it seems you don't have, it can still be done port on the side placing some crossbraces to stiffen the baffle.Ohter than that you may want to post dimensions for your current box as detailed as possible to see if its really a bad box for your subs or not, that would be a better way to know if a box upgrade is going to help you as you expect or not.

Posted

I'm not sure if the box I have now is bad or not it sounds really good and loud with the subs facing the back of the car but when I flip the box around it's not as loud and doesn't hit the higher notes. I want to build a new box anyways the box I have now is beat up and the subs have been in and out so much it doesn't like to seal up around the subs that good anymore.

Posted

The only thing keeping me from facing the subs towards the back of the car is my trunk rattles really bad and I've tried everything to stop the rattles but it just won't stop unless I face them in the car then almost no rattles.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

If you are powering each sub individually with one amp you need to gain match the amps.

Posted

I did match the gains everything has been fine then all of a sudden one amp went into protect only did it twice I unhooked the amp checked all wires out back in and hasn't done it again so must have been a wire or something I'm not sure

Posted

Im really hoping because this sounds amazing the low notes are crazy really high notes aren't the best but the lows make up for it box turned out good to gunna either paint it or carpet it this weekend haven't decided yet appreciate all the help though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 545 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...