Second Skin Audio

2 soundqubed hds312 ported box build

I made this to estimate what was feasible in your space, if it seves you as reference:

NOTE: power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

hds12.jpg

SFPFNTNoshared_zps7fe1aafd.jpg

Looks really good i wanted to do the port on one side of the box instead of in the middle but not a big deal can always just fold the seats all down so not a big deal. I'm hoping making a new box to the specs of the subs will make it sound better with the subs firing into the car i know now if I face the subs towards the back of the car it's a lot louder and hits a lot more notes so I'm thinking maybe it's just the box there in now.

On the above the port in the center acts as heavy bracing, it's kind of convenient since a double layer baffle would require aditional 0.75" depth that it seems you don't have, it can still be done port on the side placing some crossbraces to stiffen the baffle.Ohter than that you may want to post dimensions for your current box as detailed as possible to see if its really a bad box for your subs or not, that would be a better way to know if a box upgrade is going to help you as you expect or not.

I'm not sure if the box I have now is bad or not it sounds really good and loud with the subs facing the back of the car but when I flip the box around it's not as loud and doesn't hit the higher notes. I want to build a new box anyways the box I have now is beat up and the subs have been in and out so much it doesn't like to seal up around the subs that good anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived