Second Skin Audio

Help with Box design in tahoe

Da-Hoe

I need help with box design though since you guys have much more experience. I listen to rap so I'm looking for as much bass as possible. Is it better to have a vertical or horizontal port?

Both can work, it comes down to the dimensions you are working with along with the layout you are looking for. The across the bottom port take a little more effort to build.

I have 48 inches wide, 38 inches deep and up to 20 inches high to stay under the windows so i can trim it out.

If the horizontal port is the way to go i would prefer that to get the most out of the enclosure

Go here to this site I have use this site for many box build along with other fellow bassheads

http://www.reaudio.com/box.php

Please stop recommending the RE Audio site to people. It's known to calculate boxes incorrectly. Maybe they've fixed by now but I wouldn't chance it. There are better alternatives.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Would this box work but subs up port back instead of both facing rear? Or do i need different dimension to change sub placement? If you have a better design on a box it would be much appreciated, I'm trying to build this weekend. I ordered (2) vvxv2 15 dual 4 ohm so can run at 1 ohm on the skar 1500.1

http://www.skaraudio.com/boxdesigns/DualVVX15v2PortedEnclosure.pdf

the box will fit the vehicle no problem and i got the specs off of skars site i just am unsure because ive read that the manufacture designs sometimes are not the best. So i just want to make sure the dimensions are correct. Can you please look at it Joe X and let me know or redesign please. What should the port clearance be? I have room to move it front or back easily.

Archived