Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Ideas for first box build? Fi BTL 18"


briandye

Recommended Posts

Posted

Just grabbed an Fi BTL from a friend who has it in a tiny box with an (aero?) port. (Circle cut in the box and then a long tube)

I know this box is WAY too small for the sub, I haven't even got the amp for it yet. (2100.1)

I don't have any power tools besides a drill, sawzall and jigsaw but I want to build a box to spec or at least a lot bigger. I drive a Ford Edge so im not working with a ton of room.

I'm sorry this has probably been asked a million times, but can someone help me design a box, Ive read sub up/port back is the best way to go in an SUV? And looks like I'll be building with 0.75 MDF. Lowes is my only lumber store so that's what I'm working with. I'll be having them cut the wood as well but it looks like I'll have to get a router to get the sub hole cut.

Does anyone have any measurements or designs on hand? (Someone who's built a box for an 18)

2006 Ford Explorer XLT

Posted

Usually sub up, port back works best for SUV type vehicles.

If you post the max dimensions of your vehicle someone will probably come up with a design for you.

You can build a whole box with just a jigsaw, straight edge, and a compass. Its not the best/easiest but if you take your time it can turn out fine. You don't need a router for the sub hole either, you can cut it with the jigsaw, though the router does make a cleaner hole.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

max dimensions?

Here is a box I designed for an AA Mayhem 18. To be honest I dont know if it was ever built, I did the plan for another member, but this is an idea of the sort of box you will be putting together, obviously modified to your dimensions however.

Capture%204_zpstvr5rggu.png

Capture%206_zps11fu7qks.png

-If its loud, fast, outrageous, or all of the above, chances are i'll think its awesome.

-"No way he's OCD." -said none of the people that know me ever.

04' Suburban "Lucifer" A.K.A #Lucii (Under Construction)

4 10s on 4kW in 6cu net @~28hz

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

92' JDM 325i "Stella" ~Going for sale to build a 350+hp E30~

Gutted pipes

96,000 OG KM's (59,000 mi)

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW

89' Gen 3 Honda Prelude SI AWS "Odis"

Bone Stock

Possibly going to stance it

Posted

Here is a suggestion for a non rebuilt Fi BTLN2 18" , NEED to verify suggested dimensions, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 5 3/8", figure is just an assembly guide, bracing is 1 1/2" wooden dowel rods:

btl18.jpg

1x115%20supb_zpszydc9inu.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4441 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...