Thank you guys for all the info so far...

ummm, well we already have a Miniature Chihuahua and a 5 year old little girl so i want a dog thats good for security and be great with the rest of the family.. Anyone have any ideas or suggest any certain breeds that would be a good choice to go with?

T.S.P.

I say get your self a Staff. Pits are great dogs but not for everyone. They need more attn. becuase of there high prey drive. Staffs are better around other animals and are easier to soicalize then a game bred Pit. But do your homework!!! American bulldog and Staff where bred as show dogs. So they where mainly bred for looks. This type of breedings leads to health problems down the road. Buy your pup from a good breeder. Make sure the Stud and the bitch both have had there hipps check. The breeder should have a cert. from the Vet that says they have been check and have a rating of good to excellent. Like most large dog Am.staff and Am. bulldogs sometime have problem with Hip displaquia(sp) and Breathing problem so be sure to get a heath cert from your breeder. Pits really don't have these problem because they have been bred for performace not looks. But like I said they are alittle more work then your avg dog. These porblems may not show up right now but will come with age. This stuff is gentic so if you do your homework on the parent it will save you alot of time & money in the long run. If you need I can get you a list of peolpe that sell Staff and Pits.

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

I have always been interested in a newfoundland but have heard they have a short life span, typical of some larger dogs. Whats your experience with them and life span?

we had 1 that was 6 when he got hit by a car and we had to give him away cause we couldnt afford the surgery to fix his busted leg!! and the 2 we have now the girl is 7yrs old and the boy is i think he is 2-3....they are big pains in the ass but i love em to death.....but the pyrenees that we have is 9 comming up on 10 and he still going strong....just a kinda bad hip....but other than that healthy as an ox!!

Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessions
Subs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3

Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1
box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aero
Mids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components

Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4
Deck-Factory Integration
Wiring-Memphis
40sqft of damplifier Pro

http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mhee

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

dno about security...but a husky is a damn beautiful dog. i've wanted one for years. i want a dobermann also. i think they'd be good for security. i was at a house once...and this guy had 2 dobies, and on the fence the sign had a pic of a dobermann and said 'they can make it to the fence in 2.5 seconds...can you?' haha it was neat. they are intimidating lookin imo but his were nice when he was around. i went to the back door when he was downstairs and outside and DAMN those things were snortin like horses at the door wonderin who was comin. so...i shut it and went downstairs. lol.

I say get your self a Staff. Pits are great dogs but not for everyone. They need more attn. becuase of there high prey drive. Staffs are better around other animals and are easier to soicalize then a game bred Pit. But do your homework!!! American bulldog and Staff where bred as show dogs. So they where mainly bred for looks. This type of breedings leads to health problems down the road. Buy your pup from a good breeder. Make sure the Stud and the bitch both have had there hipps check. The breeder should have a cert. from the Vet that says they have been check and have a rating of good to excellent. Like most large dog Am.staff and Am. bulldogs sometime have problem with Hip displaquia(sp) and Breathing problem so be sure to get a heath cert from your breeder. Pits really don't have these problem because they have been bred for performace not looks. But like I said they are alittle more work then your avg dog. These porblems may not show up right now but will come with age. This stuff is gentic so if you do your homework on the parent it will save you alot of time & money in the long run. If you need I can get you a list of peolpe that sell Staff and Pits.

Yes links would be great! Anyone have any experiences with buying puppies online or is it best to just look around in my area??

T.S.P.

i noticed that ur in La i work at an animal shelter in central texas and the only dogs we have are all breeds and styles of pitts/terriers and rotts.... so i you have any questions on those just PM me... and if your willin to make the drive i can get u any kind of pitt u want for 50$... all our dogs come from the humane society or aspca and we rescue them and train them to be "family" dogs, most of them come from horrible backgrounds but they all get better... we are a no kill shelter and we have some dogs that we have had for over 2 years

heres a link of all the dogs we have at my work atm just keep scrollin down till u see my post it's post number 428

dogs at work

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

What yall think about one of these? Price seems resonable..I just dont wanna get ripped off and I know yall can help me out with this....

http://neworleans.kijiji.com/c-Pets-Dogs-p...QQAdIdZ42559517

They look pretty cool but make sure you do your home work for real. Find out how much they want full price not just deposit then find out as much as you can on the bloodline just to make sure that its a real creditable bloodline some people just make up names, the way i did mine was just typing some of the dogs that were in my pups bloodline on the google search and a lot came up through there or through the ADBA.Check out the owners background and how many times they have breed there dogs as well.You also want to check out any other litters they have because 9 times outta 10 that whats the puppy is going to look like.Hope this help