Running secondary battery

With that 2.3v difference front to back. I think both a wiring upgrade and bigger battery is in order.

Check your voltage at the back again, same way as before, but this time put the negative to a grounded piece of metal. Doesn't matter what it is as long as it's a ground. Positive to the set screw on your amp.

What this does is checks your ground to determine if they are a weak point, of if it's your front-to-back one that ought to be upgraded

When I listen to the my system for an extended amount of time it almost seems like it cuts out as if it is losing power. With my bass knob maxxed I'll be listening to it, it will cut out, I turn the bass knob down a tad and I can listen to it for a little longer rinse and repeat as if like the battery I got now isn't able to keep up is why I was mainly thinking about a bigger battery.

Yeah it sound like you are running into low voltage issues. Front voltage is fine, in the 12s, rear voltage in the 10s is too low. Pending some checks with your wiring, some tweaking may be all that's needed. Once we get that sorted out, we will check your voltage again and from there, determine if a larger battery is needed ;)

But unless we get that voltage drop issue fixed, a larger battery will have a similar problem if there's not enough power getting to it. Make sense?

Maybe, maybe not. Do that ground check I posted above and we'll see how much(if any) can be gained by relocating your ground.

Are you running CCA of OFC wire?

I just bought a lot of new stuff for my "New make over" My monoblock skar amp is new, my Rockford amp is new, just bought new RCA's from John (SHCA) along with SHCA 12 gauge speaker wire/remote wire along with a new Pioneer (AVH-X3700BHS). I was just wondering if maybe I shouldn't buy new 0 gauge/Ground and re run those as well, so all my wiring is new? along with everything else?

Archived