ridinclean97 Posted April 12, 2015 Report Posted April 12, 2015 I'm trying to figure out what subs I should get. I have a $110 budget for the woofers. It's for a crappy minivan so I don't wanna spend lot. If I got 4 of these: https://www.parts-express.com/grs-12sw-4-12-poly-cone-subwoofer-4-ohm--292-484 i'd run them all off 500-600 rms total @ 1 ohm any other subs that I should look at? I thought of getting an e15 sundown but wouldn't 4 12s on 500 in the right box annihilate one 15 on 500-600 watts?
ridinclean97 Posted April 12, 2015 Author Report Posted April 12, 2015 https://www.parts-express.com/grs-12sw-4-12-poly-cone-subwoofer-4-ohm--292-484
Triticum Agricolam Posted April 12, 2015 Report Posted April 12, 2015 The problem with that GRS sub is it has really high QTS, so it probably won't work well in a ported box. There are two ways that you could go with this. The first would be you could get four cheap MCM subs, maybe one like this: http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/MCM-AUDIO-SELECT-55-2962-/55-2962 It has a higher EBP so it should work better in a ported box and it's cheap, but is Fs is a bit high and its 8-ohm. I haven't bothered to model it to see how it might sound. The second option would be to get two Infinity 1262w subs. They are a really good sub for $60 and if you get the DVC model you could wire a pair to 1-ohm. They also will sound decent in a ported box. Two 12"s should beat out a single 15" for efficiency, generally speaking, but they will probably not be as efficient as the four MCM subs though. If it were me, I'd get the Infinitis, but that's just my opinion. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
ridinclean97 Posted April 12, 2015 Author Report Posted April 12, 2015 http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/MCM-AUDIO-SELECT-55-2974-/55-2974 what do you think of 3 of those triticum? ^
Joe X Posted April 12, 2015 Report Posted April 12, 2015 Need larger box, 6mm Xmax, I wouldn't take those for free. There's half decent stuff to be had on the $50+ segment.
Triticum Agricolam Posted April 12, 2015 Report Posted April 12, 2015 http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/MCM-AUDIO-SELECT-55-2974-/55-2974 what do you think of 3 of those triticum? ^ Yeah, pretty much what JoeX said. They would require a HUGE box, not what you want. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
ridinclean97 Posted April 13, 2015 Author Report Posted April 13, 2015 alright I look into some better stuff
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.