this is just a guess here

but im gonna say that the high notes sounding odd is from the box moving while playing

I can see it slidin all over while you guys are drivin on you PB video

also please make a youtube so I can creepily stalk your vids on there, thanks

:good:

oh and this thing looks like it will be a good SOTM nomination when its done, tell your buddy!

Yeah it does, kind of bad lol, will let him know about SOTM though

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Can't wait to see the finished build.. Looks awesome so far man! Are you in MN?? I noticed you said you had to drive to Wisconsin. I'm near the twin cities and would love to check this thing out!

Bass head in training. Trying to learn everything I can.

2014 Dodge Dart GT

Synergy Audio WFO 15.1 V2 (Prototype)

Sundown X12

Can't wait to see the finished build.. Looks awesome so far man! Are you in MN?? I noticed you said you had to drive to Wisconsin. I'm near the twin cities and would love to check this thing out!

No I am not, I am about 15 minutes from Chicago.

I must say too, I have never heard a DD woofer before this and fawwkk. I just can't believe these things ability to get loooww. Tuned to 37+hz and really, thing has no problem going all the way into the high 20's. I think the -7.5db might be a tad too much power. Some songs with really low spots started to bottom out. So next time I am working on it. I am going to see what's better. Enable the SSF to eliminate that bottoming out, or set it lower and drop the power down a little.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

you should really stop bottoming the woofer. lol. that will lead to premature failure.

get it sealed off and i can guarantee youll be happy. and i bet you are getting it smelly because you are clipping becuase not enough electrical. that amp needs a high output alternator and 2-3 batts. i know you set it with dd1 but after a duration it will kill the electrical.

nice work other wise. i love the sturdy box.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

you should really stop bottoming the woofer. lol. that will lead to premature failure.

get it sealed off and i can guarantee youll be happy. and i bet you are getting it smelly because you are clipping becuase not enough electrical. that amp needs a high output alternator and 2-3 batts. i know you set it with dd1 but after a duration it will kill the electrical.

nice work other wise. i love the sturdy box.

Haven't seen it drop passed 12v yet, I am going to retune it to -5 so he doesn't blow it. Thanks for the box comment, that thing is solid as hell.

Edit: To the smell, that was the first actual power we gave it. Every song he played didn't really move the sub. Put On My Level on, then it started moving. It was funny how fast he freaked.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• 1 month later...

Been a little bit since I posted. Originally the subwoofer wiring was correct. My buddy had second thoughts that it was wrong, so we switched it. Powered it up and seen some smoke after turning the knob up a little to high. Then a day later he said it just stopped playing while bumping. Ordered a recone and now prepping the basket for the new cone. We also painted the dust cap a purple to match the theme of the car. My buddy also went ahead before looking into it, a shit ton of LED's. So now we must find the right resistors to get them to work properly.

Burnt leads

20150714_203209_zpsojitegak.jpg

20150714_203202_zpsfczv5mvm.jpg

Old cone next to new recone.

20150714_203232_zpsxsw9ziwj.jpg

20150714_203243_zpssxqnb2ic.jpg

Out tha box

20150714_210000_zpsdw3117o6.jpg

Closing the hole

20150714_210006_zps9bpjf1lc.jpg

Painted this thing purple, will have a pic of it tomorrow.

20150715_205109_zpsj4prhols.jpg

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Few more pics. Should be taking more tonight.

Prepped and cleaned and ready to go. This is my first ever recone BTW to anyone curious.

20150716_203153_zpsj7vuro3c.jpg

The glue we had sets almost instantly when the activator is applied. I didn't really have anything that would sit well on the dust cap but we used this.

20150717_223935_zps9znpywlc.jpg

I also want to point this out to future reconers. We did tape off the center pole. I want to make this clear. Do not leave any exposed tape sticking upward. It will have all the depri stick to it, and there's a chance it will come off and fall in when the tape is removed. As well, be sure if you use a wire type bit to remove your stuff. Be aware that the wire can fly off, and in most cases, get's magnetized tot he center, on top the tape. So when you remove the tape, make to remove any small metal fragments, because they are in incredible bitch to remove from that center gap.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Prepped and cleaned and ready to go. This is my first ever recone BTW to anyone curious.

The glue we had sets almost instantly when the activator is applied. I didn't really have anything that would sit well on the dust cap but we used this.

I also want to point this out to future reconers. We did tape off the center pole. I want to make this clear. Do not leave any exposed tape sticking upward. It will have all the depri stick to it, and there's a chance it will come off and fall in when the tape is removed. As well, be sure if you use a wire type bit to remove your stuff. Be aware that the wire can fly off, and in most cases, get's magnetized tot he center, on top the tape. So when you remove the tape, make to remove any small metal fragments, because they are in incredible bitch to remove from that center gap.

duck tape on popsicle sticks is the best gap cleaner.

also, for future, remove the basket from the motor to clean. that way all the debris is no where near the motor and you dont need to clean the motor :)

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

duck tape on popsicle sticks is the best gap cleaner.

also, for future, remove the basket from the motor to clean. that way all the debris is no where near the motor and you dont need to clean the motor :)

We did do that. It was still hard to get metal shavings out of the gap, we got it all eventually. Didn't even think about taking the basket off. Well remember that for future use. Also atm have a design being put together by raptorman.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• 4 weeks later...

So all the cuts have been made, jut been pretty busy. We figured what we needed to get the led's running, Going to be putting some on the inside of the port to give the box a nice glow.

20150808_155803_zpsigysc8as.jpg

Taping off the location where the boards will be so that to paint doesn't get where the boards will be.

20150808_155749_zpsdgra0kxk.jpg

20150808_203830_zpslptijwyo.jpg

Quick test with only 3 led's. Plan on using 12 total.

20150808_203102_zpskzyuuadw.jpg

20150808_203050_zpslqnaz0kj.jpg

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm