Sundown Audio

what is the best way to hook up a 4ch amp to the stock headunit

kiko

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_ss_i_1_4?k=audiocontrol+lc2i&sprefix=lc2i

That will work for your application, use the rear speakers as the main inputs on the LC2i, then run rcas from the main output to 2 y splitters on the 4 channel amp, if you plan on adding a sub later then you would use the sub out on the LC2i for your sub amp....

I want something off the factory harness so i may still use the factory unit tuning, will this work? (Bass, treble, Balance)

What vehicle?

2012 camry se

factory amp?

factory headunit.. i dont want to change out to a aftermarket b.c it has alot of functions.. I dont have any 4 channel amps yet, but im thinking of purchasing a matching hifonics brand 4 channel amp as stated in the original post.. Thanks for your opinions.. Im still a novice at this and only have 2 subwoofer install on my belt...

what factory features do you have that are so important? Ford Sync or Audi Concert, I got you. even some GMs with rear seat entertainment and OEM BT.

maxresdefault.jpg

It has:

Rearview camera

Bluetooth

Individual tire pressure monitor

Eco moniter

Touch-screen

Decent EQ functions

Car options (Locking functions)

A final feature that is important to me is that it looks great!! if i change it, its gnna look tacky b.c that means all of the side buttons are practically useless..

well, the dash kit doesn't have those side buttons. you can integrate the OEM back up camera, most new units will have BT so you might have to mount a BT mic if you can integrate into the OEM BT mic, TPMS can be tagged w/a Maestro RR as well as other OEM readings that can be displayed via new head unit, Eco-monitor I really don't know but it should be able to be viewed with the Maestro, EQ from OEM is not what you would like to think, car options if they can be done via can-hi can-lo than the Maestro RR will be able to do it.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_ss_i_1_4?k=audiocontrol+lc2i&sprefix=lc2i

That will work for your application, use the rear speakers as the main inputs on the LC2i, then run rcas from the main output to 2 y splitters on the 4 channel amp, if you plan on adding a sub later then you would use the sub out on the LC2i for your sub amp....

I want something off the factory harness so i may still use the factory unit tuning, will this work? (Bass, treble, Balance)

If you don't know how an LOC works, then my suggestion is to take it to a shop and have them install your amp for you...

If you don't know how an LOC works, then my suggestion is to take it to a shop and have them install your amp for you...

I know how it works.. its just that ive never ran one to the OEM Headunit.. Ive only done Subwoofers installs.. all i ask is for help and suggestion on what is best to use for the factory unit when trying to add 4 channel amp..see i can go the old school route by using 2 LOC to be able to run 4 channels, but i am looking for the "best" way to reduce the chances of noises from the factory headunit..

I wouldn't be asking for suggestions and help if i was going to take it to a shop. I had a simple question "I want something off the factory harness so i may still use the factory unit tuning, will this work?", in other words, will the application that you are suggestion still give me the full function of my OEM HU tuning, which is things like bass setting, balance setting (rear, front, left, right), mids setting, and Highs...

Thanks

What vehicle?

2012 camry se

factory amp?

factory headunit.. i dont want to change out to a aftermarket b.c it has alot of functions.. I dont have any 4 channel amps yet, but im thinking of purchasing a matching hifonics brand 4 channel amp as stated in the original post.. Thanks for your opinions.. Im still a novice at this and only have 2 subwoofer install on my belt...

what factory features do you have that are so important? Ford Sync or Audi Concert, I got you. even some GMs with rear seat entertainment and OEM BT.

maxresdefault.jpg

It has:

Rearview camera

Bluetooth

Individual tire pressure monitor

Eco moniter

Touch-screen

Decent EQ functions

Car options (Locking functions)

A final feature that is important to me is that it looks great!! if i change it, its gnna look tacky b.c that means all of the side buttons are practically useless..

well, the dash kit doesn't have those side buttons. you can integrate the OEM back up camera, most new units will have BT so you might have to mount a BT mic if you can integrate into the OEM BT mic, TPMS can be tagged w/a Maestro RR as well as other OEM readings that can be displayed via new head unit, Eco-monitor I really don't know but it should be able to be viewed with the Maestro, EQ from OEM is not what you would like to think, car options if they can be done via can-hi can-lo than the Maestro RR will be able to do it.

I love the feature my Factory headunit gives me.. i just want more sound quality. so all in all i just want to upgrade with a 4 channel amp and replace all speakers, while using the factory Head unit..

Thanks for your feedback though

I know how it works.. its just that ive never ran one to the OEM Headunit.. Ive only done Subwoofers installs.. all i ask is for help and suggestion on what is best to use for the factory unit when trying to add 4 channel amp..see i can go the old school route by using 2 LOC to be able to run 4 channels, but i am looking for the "best" way to reduce the chances of noises from the factory headunit..

I wouldn't be asking for suggestions and help if i was going to take it to a shop. I had a simple question "I want something off the factory harness so i may still use the factory unit tuning, will this work?", in other words, will the application that you are suggestion still give me the full function of my OEM HU tuning, which is things like bass setting, balance setting (rear, front, left, right), mids setting, and Highs...

Thanks

Any of the listed products mentioned earlier will work. Yes!!!!!!!!!! You will be able to tune it at the factory radio and also at the amp. Below is the manual for the LC2i which you can read and better understand on how it works.

http://www.audiocontrol.com/downloads/car/current/lc2i/lc2i-user-manual.pdf

Also a couple of suggestions:

1. Run new speaker wires from each location you plan on running at the amp to the amp.

2. Tap into the rear speaker's wiring to use as the main inputs into the LC2i.

3. The LC2i has the GTO feature which will auto turn on when it senses the signal from the rear speakers, so no need to run a remote wire, and you can use the remote out on the LC2i to turn on your amp.

4. You will need 2 Y-splitters (2male/1female)

Hopefully this will help you out a little...

Archived