Guest Posted April 15, 2015 Report Posted April 15, 2015 I was trying to use WinISD but with not much luck, I entered all the correct data and the enclosure volume comes out to some ungodly number. I'm pretty sure I got all the units right too. I would appreciate some help for a box design for 3 of these subs. The trunk space available is 36" L x 24" W x 24"H. Height can be a few inches higher if need be but 24" is about the line before I blocks the rear window. The car is a 2003 Toyota Highlander. I would also like to use aeroports too! I know the fs of the sub is about 32hz but I know a lot of people tune these subs higher like 36-38hz so I I'm not sure which direction to go. Thanks in advance! Here are the sub specs from the JBL site...had to get them from my phone...computer would not pull them up for me...
Guest Posted April 16, 2015 Report Posted April 16, 2015 Any pointers or suggestions? Edit: Btw, in the OP I input the qts value wrong so ignore that..
Triticum Agricolam Posted April 16, 2015 Report Posted April 16, 2015 First off, get the newest version of WinISD, its way better. You can get it here: http://www.linearteam.org/download/winisd-07x.exe The default box size WinISD gives you is pretty much irrelevant. Plug in your own number and play around with things. I would suggest putting in the manufacturers recommended specs just to see what they look like and then tweak from there. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Guest Posted April 16, 2015 Report Posted April 16, 2015 First off, get the newest version of WinISD, its way better. You can get it here: http://www.linearteam.org/download/winisd-07x.exe The default box size WinISD gives you is pretty much irrelevant. Plug in your own number and play around with things. I would suggest putting in the manufacturers recommended specs just to see what they look like and then tweak from there. Ok thanks! I will see what I can do with that!
Joe X Posted April 17, 2015 Report Posted April 17, 2015 If you love dubstep like it says I would recommend tuning to be 34-36Hz.
Guest Posted April 17, 2015 Report Posted April 17, 2015 If you love dubstep like it says I would recommend tuning to be 34-36Hz. What is the reasoning behind this? I do love dubstep, but would I miss out on any lows if I tuned it higher like you said?
Joe X Posted April 17, 2015 Report Posted April 17, 2015 It is certainly possible that you wiil want to play loudly some lower notes and you won't be able if you picked your tuning higher than you should have. If you said I only play classic rock then 40Hz tuning would be just fine for that.
Guest Posted April 17, 2015 Report Posted April 17, 2015 It is certainly possible that you wiil want to play loudly some lower notes and you won't be able if you picked your tuning higher than you should have. If you said I only play classic rock then 40Hz tuning would be just fine for that. I don't think I want to tune it as high as 40Hz...so do you think 34Hz would be a good tuning? Or would you still try to tune higher to like 36Hz?
Joe X Posted April 17, 2015 Report Posted April 17, 2015 Either are ok, 38..40 it starts to be a little high for low tuned music.
Guest Posted April 17, 2015 Report Posted April 17, 2015 Either are ok, 38..40 it starts to be a little high for low tuned music. Thanks! I just noticed that the higher I tuned box the more "peaky" the frequency curve became. The 32Hz tuning contained a wider range of frequencies but at lower db ratings...when I had it tuned to 36Hz the frequency range was shortened but the db spiked higher in the range it had. I'm not sure if either is better or worse than the other, I guess my logic was just to go with 32Hz since that is the fs of this driver.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.