Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Sundown X15 or 2 SA15's?


MrSevs

Recommended Posts

Posted

Thanks for your help fellas. He is willing to do a swap with an addional $100 if I let him build the box... I might just go that route. But it is pretty tempting to just charge another X15, amp and electrical on my visa. Hahaha!

Posted

Lol anyways both ways will be beneficial.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

And I'm just hoping that I'll be happy with the over all spl and performance of the SA15's.

Posted

If upgrading electrical and amp is too much right now. Grab that other x-15 and build a box designed for more power. So later on when you have that extra cash to put into more or bigger wire, and a bit of a bigger amp. You'll be full ready for it. I cheaped out on my subs because they where cheap. I so wish now I had saved up just a tad bit more to have something able to take more power down the line.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

Yeah if I could get by pushing two X15's with the amp I have now, I wouldn't mind going that route. then I can work at upgrading my electrical and more power.

Posted

Yeah if I could get by pushing two X15's with the amp I have now, I wouldn't mind going that route. then I can work at upgrading my electrical and more power.

That's exactly what I am saying. The amp you have now will tickle those subs. And they will laugh at you every day. But that one day you get that few hundred saved to throw in more wire and swap up to a 3k amp. They will be singing for glory lol. I honestly wish I would have done this but with the sa-15's. My subs are at their limits right now with 300-400 a piece and don't do what I want. I know if I had gone 2 sa-15's I would have headroom for later and they would be doing what I want right now.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

X's are meant for lows. not spl

x2

I haven't seen you post in forever!

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

If upgrading electrical and amp is too much right now. Grab that other x-15 and build a box designed for more power. So later on when you have that extra cash to put into more or bigger wire, and a bit of a bigger amp. You'll be full ready for it. I cheaped out on my subs because they where cheap. I so wish now I had saved up just a tad bit more to have something able to take more power down the line.

This is actually not a bad idea. I'm sure a box with 4.5 - 5 cubes per sub would be efficient enough for the subs too sound good

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2036 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...