Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

car audio ?'s


eastwood

Recommended Posts

Posted

On the alt I'm pretty sure on mechman s website it said it was a 6 phase hairpin. Was looking at the universal 240 amp

Oh shoot I forgot that mechman also has hairpin lol, they just didnt have one for my car :P , what car do you have? year and model

Posted

96 corolla beater for work. System will probably cost as much as the car. Gotta make the drive enjoyable though

Posted

Yeah, I am not seeing one listed on Mechman's site for your car...I do know for sure if that universal fit would do you any good...you might need to submit a request to Mechman...you could also submit a request to Mike Singer or DC for an alt!

Posted

Yeah, I am not seedon't think it one listed on Mechman's site for your car...I do know for sure if that universal fit would do you any good...you might need to submit a request to Mechman...you could also submit a request to Mike Singer or DC for an alt!

yeah I probably should send a request to see what they say. did you mean to say you dont think the universal will do me any good? If so why? I know the batt light will stay on and I'll have to make a bracket. why else?

Posted

Is that wire and alt not a good match? Should I have got the xs kit good to 300 and the 240 I understandalt and fuse at say 260?

What alt are you getting? You should be fine with a single run of OFC zero gauge unless you are planning on getting a like 320+amp alt lol

using rockFord_Expedition math I could just a mechman 160. But either him or you ( I appreciate both of your information) said to get the biggest I could for future upgrades. So for only 100$ more I could get the 240. i understand fusing below the 0ga cable but with the alt at 240 amps i can't fuse below it or it would constantly blow wouldn't it?

Yup, always get the biggest and best alt you can afford for your vehicle. Hairpin all day long.

Posted

Well spoke to Michael singer. He's got a 150 amp direct fit alternator and a 240,270, and a 320. I'm going to order the 240 friday.

Posted

On the alt I'm pretty sure on mechman s website it said it was a 6 phase hairpin. Was looking at the universal 240 amp

Oh shoot I forgot that mechman also has hairpin lol, they just didnt have one for my car :P , what car do you have? year and model

Yeah Mechman doesn't make one for mine yet either. I called and they said they still don't have the specs.

Posted

On the alt I'm pretty sure on mechman s website it said it was a 6 phase hairpin. Was looking at the universal 240 amp

Oh shoot I forgot that mechman also has hairpin lol, they just didnt have one for my car :P , what car do you have? year and model

Yeah Mechman doesn't make one for mine yet either. I called and they said they still don't have the specs.

hit up singer. Out of all the big names in alternators he's the only one who had a direct for one my car. The 240 amp and above only require a few washers to space it out. No need for special brackets

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3168 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...