Frustrating alt whine won't go away...

just go through each step and just verify everything...

http://www.termpro.com/asp/pubs.asp?ID=121

Thanks, I already used a similar set of steps. I determined the issue is not the amps/speakers. I tried redoing the grounds. Only thing I didn't try that those instructions said was trying to play HU w/o antennae plugged in. I am also going to try grounding the head unit to battery negative directly to see if that fixes it. Other than that, the only thing I can gather is that the problem is the head unit...

Checked everything I could...when I run the car off just the battery the noise goes away...makes me think it is the alterantor.

So, I can try redoing the at ground...

But I also think my alt is silently slipping, just found a black dust on the underside of my belt...could this be the source of noise?

Unplug one set of the rca's going into your 4 channel amp (either front or rear, doesn't matter) then with them unplugged test your system again, i'm guessing the noise would have gone.

Sound goes away when rcas are uplugged man, I can plug my ipod directly into my amp and play music with no whine as well with a RCA to 3.5mm cable.

rca ground loop problem, lots of pics on google on how to fix it. (wont totally fix the problem, but it will mask it so you cant really hear it)

Are you talking about doing this?

2lmqxbc.jpg

I did this a while ago and it helped a ton at the time. I tried taking it off today to see if I did not need it anymore, but the noise only got louder...so I put it back on

Archived