Sonic Electronix

deadner that wont make me have to get a 2nd job

I explored a similar problem..

I wanted deadener that was affordable yet didnt break the bank..

Here is what I found..

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005JRZPMM/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_c0Rsvb0DGA81N

Take a look at my video.

I've had this installed for about 2 weeks no complaints yet... Will be buying more

It comes on a roll, it's useless to be used as a deadener.
I don't see why anyone would think that?

I compared it to dynamat Extream and I'd buy more of that stuff before I buy anymore dynamat.

How did you compare it?

If you roll the foil up, it loses a lot of it's strength and when you unroll it, the foil won't be properly attached to the butyl anymore. Thus providing bad deadening.

I can see how that would happen but to be honest I tried to peel the aluminum off the buytl and I couldn't do it..(for experimental reasons only)

I can tell you from experience that it made a world of difference on my rear doors..

I'm taking a piece to my buddy to compare to his Soundqubed mat...

I really feel I have found a decent product but I respect critisism as it just makes me put the product to the the test all the more :)

I bought the FatMat MegaMat for my car and deadened my car in it. It works for what it was intended for. However, instead of only having to deaden 25% I did 100% coverage. Some parts I even did a double layer. I think I ended up buying somewhere between 150-200sqft of the deadener so between $370-$480. That being said and taking sqft of coverage to price it would have been a lot cheaper to go with the Second Skin which will be my choice for the next car.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

The whole coverage thing is something in its own.

All these people saying you only need 25% coverage..

Sure 25% will lower the resonance of a panel greatly, look at the bell test.
It may help decently with a mediocre setup with a pair of 10s or 12s and a couple thousand watts.

But with something like a bell compared to a higher spl vehicle to me it comes down to being apples to oranges.

There is no way possible that 25% coverage on a roof of a non walled suv doing 155db musical in the 30-35ish hz range is going to limit the roof flex as much as if the roof was done in full coverage, or maybe even double layered.

Even in the 150db range I dont see doing 25% coverage doing much, especially on rather flat panels with not much contour.

There are people welding additional metal to their roofs and putting 3/4inch thick mdf glued to the roof, and still having massive flex, cracking, tearing etc and thats dealing with products that are a bit stiffer and stronger than some sound deadened.

im not even gunna read through this. i saw spent thousands on woofers and skimps on deadner lol. its all part of the system. cost it and plan it all out.

me personally, black friday, 30% off second skin damp pro. i buy some every year.

i wouldnt run anything else. second skin is second to none. they should be called first skin or best skin.

Thanks for the kind words....and you are right our Black Friday sale is not to be missed.......we get many customers who stock up an our products then and use them throughout the year. Glad to hear customers who appreciate quality products...keep up the good work on your projects.. And as always Second Skin For The Win!!!!

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

Our Damplifier Pro B Stock is now all out of inventory......check back in a few weeks or next month maybe!!!

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

Archived