Second Skin Audio

Enclosure for 2x p2d2-12

masterkiwi

Hi Joe,

I think i will build it inside as i want to make it show-worthy.

The only thing i am stuck with is that the drivers are facing the back of the backseat.. The backseat is in an angle and is it a good idea to make the front of the box in the same angle? Or is that impossible with the port?

To fire forward it would be best if the backseats fold down and you seal off, the ports needs at least free 9 cm in front of it so it wouldnt' make sense to fire it right against the backseats by slanting the baffle.

So there are 3 options:

- facing the drivers backwards

- facing them upwards

- face them forward and have a minimum of 10cm between the backseat and frontplate and when doing a DB test pull the backseat down..

I hope for the last option, but therefor i need the front platen in the right angle wich will make the build a lot harder..

What do you think is best?

I would probably do a forward facing option and not worry too much about the angle.

Thing is that i am afraid that there is not enough space between the top of the couch and the enclosure and the subs are going to act weird becouse of the weird airflow between the backseat and drivers/enclosure or is this bullsh*?

http://i.imgur.com/XuJl2F9.jpg

Something like this?

Sorry I dont have a better pic at hand.

If the 2 subs were firing the same direction as the port (And everything is positioned forwards you shouldn't have issues with sound being weird due to the angled gap.

If you leave it till the last minute, it will only take a minute.

Build Log - 4x12's Trunk Firing 6th

Archived