Joe X Posted April 29, 2015 Report Posted April 29, 2015 Yes, you can implement approximately like this: It will be accurate enough and simpler to do. If you are doing the 45s, like this:
masterkiwi Posted May 9, 2015 Author Report Posted May 9, 2015 Hi guys, back again! The box is done and we tested it today. I did a 140.8 @ 50Hz, when hoping for 143 at 36 or so.. 35 Hz is not stable at all.. I think there is some miscalculation on the port.. Any ideas what to do?
masterkiwi Posted May 12, 2015 Author Report Posted May 12, 2015 Double checked al the sizes, everything is exactly as shown on the images JoeX sent. Could it be that the port is not long enough?
Joe X Posted May 12, 2015 Report Posted May 12, 2015 I was curious to compare my results with Torres calc working on metric units (which I never tried before):
masterkiwi Posted May 12, 2015 Author Report Posted May 12, 2015 Hi Joe, i think i found the problem. we made the front in an angle because the box did not fit in the car. now we made a messuring fault, so the box and port are both smaller.. i think this is the problem..i can try to extend the 'port-extensions' so that the port has the correct size again. The top of the frontplate is 14cm behind the bottom, so it has to be 7cm longer.. do you think this will bring the 50hz down to 33hz?
masterkiwi Posted July 7, 2015 Author Report Posted July 7, 2015 Hi Guys, I hope you could help me out again. We made the box a little smaller and did 142dB @ 50Hz. Now we extended the port (and with that made the box even smaller) by 9cm and now i did 137dB @ 45Hz. I do not have room to make the box bigger, how would you think i can make this work a little better?My old closed enclosure did 137@44, so this is not really worth it haha. Could someone help me with this?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.