2way Speakers, How To Protect The Tweeters?

well i started a thread about my amp acting up, well my buddie at the shop had me bring the van in and we found that the tweets that are part of the 6.5s have taken a shit on me, 7 out of 12 to be exact lol ontop of 2 seperate tweets lol...the woofer still works just fine, its only the tweeter that went bad, and that is what was causeing the issue with my amp, what can i do to protect my tweeters , i dont want this happening again, could it have happend because of not seting the cross over on the amp correctly? or what?... im kinda lost as to why so many tweets went out at once, but would like to learn as to what could cause it and what i can do to prevent it(without the old man words "just dont turn it up so loud") lol... :blush:

but im sending them out tommrow to memphis for warranty repair/replacement, so ill be tuneless basicly for a few days to a week :wacko:

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

lol i like my treble all the way up to help over come the bass, and i sure in the hell burned a few tweets doing so lol, i dont have a scope or acess to one either, ill just back off the gain a little and see if that helps them hold up lol

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

like i said those memphis pr's sound good but its to easy to blow tweets. did you ever get that new pioneer deck in it should be alot cleaned signal than a kenwood . i think its a design flaw of memphis you should have you freind talk to his rep and see what he recomends how high does your kicker amps high pass xover go up to wonder if you could run mids off rear channels and tweets crossed over higher off the fronts you would have to disconnect the caps off the mids and connect to amp directly dont know if impedence would work for mids though just a thought might not work. :lol::lol: maybe its time to upgrade to m class i know you want mids to match subs but hey they will still be memphis. :D

smdsig2.jpg

like i said those memphis pr's sound good but its to easy to blow tweets. did you ever get that new pioneer deck in it should be alot cleaned signal than a kenwood . i think its a design flaw of memphis you should have you freind talk to his rep and see what he recomends how high does your kicker amps high pass xover go up to wonder if you could run mids off rear channels and tweets crossed over higher off the fronts you would have to disconnect the caps off the mids and connect to amp directly dont know if impedence would work for mids though just a thought might not work. :lol::lol: maybe its time to upgrade to m class i know you want mids to match subs but hey they will still be memphis. :D

+i belive the problem wasnt as much my seting of the amp, but like you stated a design flaw with the tweets in the mids... and i did get the dep-6000 pioneer, and later that weekend after the new head unit i poped my tweets lol....and i would run the mclass but there out of my budget, unless someone was to buy all my current 6.5s at 60 per pair lol... doubtful,and even tho there mclass, so is my sub amp, and soon to be my mid amp, when i get my other kicker back im selling both just to turn around and buy the mclass 500.4 so all amps match, subs all the same and mids match... nice comb. finaly :blush:

i havent heard the mclass in action, but its just as sexy as my mojo 2500 lol... if i can sell both of my kicker 850.4s im going to buy one even if i loose some sound quality, i want sexy amps lol..

thats really not possible, all the tweets except 2 are the ones built into the 6.5s lol...

Oh I dident read it all the way, My bad, Ummm I had the same problem on my Pioneer 6.5"s. I was running 100 watts to each lol and they are 30 watts rms blew the tweets in about a minute and the mids kept playing fine all day. The I got the Daytons and the vocals just got louder but I dont have tweets but do have hardcore loud good sounding vocals.

Edited by PaulO2288